Prologue

*Unedited*

Being mates to the same gender in the werewolf community is rare, but when it happens, from what I've heard through the stories, is that the bond is much stronger than any other bond. So you can expect when I found my mate the bond I have to her would be amazing and strong as hell. Well, that's where you would be wrong.

My name is Lacey Kingston, daughter of the alpha of the Moon Pack, of course with my brother Andrew being the soon to he Alpha I was pretty much just as popular as him. I'm not going to lie, I can be a bitch and disrespectful to people below me, so that could be the reason to why when I found my mate Emily Adams that she wouldn't be to happy about it.

"Come on Em, It can't be that bad." My fingers go up and down her arm, the sparks igniting on my skin. She shivers.

"You're right Lacey, it's worse." With that Emily moves her body away from mine, my heart going into a frenzy.

The only thought running through my head? Rejection.

-

They had always said, in the stories, that you would smell your mate when you find them. That that would make them stand out from anyone else, that it would be the most intoxicating smell you could imagine.

It was September Fourth, the first day of senior year. I had just gotten back from taking a summer trip down the California, a state under mine.

Begrudgingly I had finally accepted the fact that it was time to return home to Oregon, in a little down just outside Portland, where the forest surrounds the town and clouds covered the sky 363 days out of the year.

It was rare to see the sun shine down into the valley and bring warmth the state. But that's the best thing about this state. Yes I love the sun shine from California but I love the cool crisp air of Oregon so much better. The smell of wet asphalt and pine trees. It somehow always brought a smile to my face.

Admiring the gray clouds looming over the place I would be graduating from this year my body went into hyper alert as the smell of crisp apples and cinnamon hit my nose like a ton of bricks, let me tell you, this smell was better than anything I have ever experienced. Better than my first kiss with Matthew Davis in eighth grade. Better than first time I want snowboarding on Mount Hood with brother Andrew and few other members of the pack. Better than the realizing who I was as person and my parents and the rest of the pack accepted it.

And that says a lot. Those were the top three things in my life, for reasons I'll get into later.

By instinct I follow the smell.

Not paying attention the where I was going I run into someone, sparks shooting through me as my skin made contact with hers. The smell at its strongest.

I snap my eyes to her deep Gray ones. Her wavy blonde hair up in a pony tail. Her makeup kept natural as it suited her tan skin. She was wearing a floral dress that complimented her body quiet well if you ask me.

But what sent my wolf crazy was her voice, it had a ring to it that was utterly amazing.

"Lacey?" My knees weakened as my name passed her lips. My wolf howled in joy.

Mate. Mate. Mate. It chanted over and over.

Taking in her facial expression my heart began to beat faster, she looked disappointed. Her eyes full of sadness and anger. Her lips muttered another word but I was too focused on her shamed expression to hear what she had said.

Before I could say anything I watched my mate walk towards the double doors that led to the parking lot which I had just come from.

I knew with everything in me that she wasn't happy with the paring of us. And I couldn't blame her. Emily had been my best friend in elementary school, before any of the mate shit mattered, but our friendship ended when I was nearing twelfth birthday, meaning I would shift into my wolf for the first time.

I was an easily gullible child and my brother being the dick that he was told me that Emily would only drag me down. Being the Alphas daughter people would look down on me if I were friends with her. So, with fear of being outcasted I cut off connection with Emily.

For the first couple of weeks that I had stopped talking to her she didn't really take the hint. She would come over every other day asking for me, my mom, the packs Luna, would come up to my room saying she was here and I would always come up with some excuse for why I wouldn't come to the door.

Emily soon got the hint, leaving me alone so I could be with my new friends and brother. Truthfully I was miserable without her by my side but eventually I had forgotten about her, I had moved on from my elementary years and focused on the years to come.

That still didn't mean I didn't look into how she was every now and then, she grew up nicely, her chest filled out over the years and her butt came in nicely if I do say so myself.

Her legs were the best feature, besides her eyes and gorgeous tan skin witch almost matched mine. Her hair was always wavy but now it was more controlled.

Her style changed, it went from dreary clothes and modern hoodies to floral dresses and nice fitting Hollister jeans with fashionable shirts and sometimes boots with knitted socks sticking out the top. But what I always admired was her trademark converse. She would wear them a lot more then she would wear boots or sandals.

When she would wear dresses she would often adjoin the outfit with her converse, and that wasn't the only thing I admired, it was the ankle bracelet that wrapped around her ankle. It was the same one I had given her for her birthday right before fifth grade. To go along with it she now added a tattoo of a crescent moon. It suited her.

But as she walked away from me in the hall, all hope and admiration that we could be alright slightly vanished, my heart dropped and so did my mood.

Maybe senior year might be a bust.

-

This story is restricted from any copyright. Do not steal any part of this story, if it is posted on any other story sharing site or we page legal actions will be taken.

First part of the book 'Her'
yay! :)

I'm actually rlly excited for this book. I've had such bad writers block with all my other stories so I'm hoping this won't be any trouble for me.

anywayssss I hope you enjoy and stick around to see the next chapters to come.

*Cast member will be posted soon*