30

As if the weeks that had recently passed weren't already shitty, tack on the next two weeks of Emily flat out ignoring me. Not so much as a glance in my direction, it had come to the point that I had been staying at Chases place the past week. After the first few days of complete silence I decided maybe living together at the time being wasn't an option. I knew she needed time to absorb everything I had shared with her.

Finishing getting ready in the guest bath I hear Chase bounding down the stairs, coming around the corner to wait in the living room for me. I appreciated the helping hand Chase and his family offered, it was nice to know I had people in my corner. Not that Andrew wasn't, he just still lived with our parents so coming to him wasn't an option. Chase heard about my struggles from Anna and stepped in. Even though we weren't ever the closest I knew he was a second brother for me, I would always have him.

"You ready?" I hear him call out, I flicked the light off to the bathroom and join him in the other room, giving him an annoyed look I grab my bag and keys, heading to the door.

"Shotgun!" I hear his voice again, this time it ignites a laugh out of me.

"You're the only other one getting in my car," I say.

He just laughs and slides into the car, automatically hooking the car up to his phone to play music. He puts on something mellow that goes with the rain that's falling outside.

I must have zoned out while driving to school because I pulled into the parking spot not even remembering how I got there. Sighing I turn my car off and stare out the window, I really had lost all motivation to even try to get Emily's attention. And seeing her against her locker I could see her tense up. She knew I was here. She could feel it. But she would do nothing about it. It had been the routine for the past two weeks, it was the only time I saw her and I just wanted to sit and sulk it in for as long as I could. I thought I had been doing the right thing in telling her what she needed to know, being honest with her. I thought it would make everything better. Guess not.

Chase had exited my car without me even noticing, my eyes were trained on the blonde leaning against the school wall. Sighing I grab my bag from the backseat and get out of my car, closing the door I lock it and to my surprise I catch Emily's eyes, her stare dead set on me. I saw a flash of emotions in her eyes but just as soon as the eye contact happened, it had vanished. She had turned away from me, heading into the building, my mind almost told me to follow her but I turned in the other direction, heading towards home room.

I had no one in this class so I just threw my headphones in and sat back, occasionally looking out the window. I had been missing more than just Em, and watching the rain fall only made me restless. I could feel it in my bones, I needed to shift, I needed to feel something again. I needed to feel alive. Thanking the gods above that my homeroom teacher was part of the pack I just got up and left, sending her a link letting her know I just couldn't be in school today.

I didn't even bother taking my car. I shoved my bag into it and locked it once more, heading into the woods. I walked for about a mile, making sure I was thick into the forest before stripping my clothes off. I connected with my wolf and started shifting, I could feel my bones breaking, I could feel my temper raging, I could feel. Being so distant with Emily it sent my body into a numb state. My paws hit the ground and and I was off running. I could feel the wind racing through my hair and basked in the feeling. I let my thoughts fade and my mind go blank, I didn't think about anyone or anything. I was too relaxed too. This is what I needed. I had been so in-tune with my vampire side that my wolf had been suppressed. That was something I wasn't going to let happen anymore. That was who I was and for me to ignore that I silently cursed myself.

I had been running for hours before I came to slow trot, taking in my surroundings I realized I had made it pretty far up the gorge, nearing the bridge into Washington I decided it was time to head back, but I felt tired, this was new. Never had I gotten tired running in wolf form. That was what we were made for, so why was I lacking the energy?