WICKD

~Two years later~

I walked through the glade's woods, on my way to collect water from the stream. I smiled to myself as I reached the stream and dipped my hand in before filling the bucket with water. My eyebrows furrowed as I saw something glistening in the water.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled to myself as I reached my hand into the water. I cleared away all of the pebbles and dirt that surrounded the metal cylinder before pulling it out. I looked at it, the metal cold against my skin.

"Wickd." I mumbled, reading the capital letters on the metal that spelt out "WICKD". I sighed and gently put it into my bamboo bag before picking up the bucket and walking back into the glade.

I walked into Thomas and Minho's shack in the woods.

"Hey, guys." I spoke, making them look at me.

"Hey, babe." Thomas smiled as he gently kissed me.

"How's it going?" I asked, looking at the model of the maze that they'd been building for years.

"Same old." Minho mumbled.

"I found something, which might be able to help you." I nodded. Thomas and Minho looked at each other.

"What is it?" Thomas asked. I dug into my bag and took out the metal cylinder.

"I went to collect water from the stream this morning, and found this in the water." I spoke, handing Thomas the cylinder. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Has it only just appeared?" Minho asked.

"That's what I thought too. I've been to that stream every day for almost three years, and I have never seen that before. It must have appeared recently." I shrugged.

"How, though?" Thomas asked, handing Minho the cylinder.

"I don't know. Maybe we should ask a certain someone." I mumbled, looking at him. He sighed and nodded.

"What is WICKD?" Minho asked.

"That's what we need to find out." Thomas nodded before taking the cylinder back.

"Minho, Y/N and I need to go do something, we'll be back soon." He spoke, putting his hand on my lower back.

"You guys have sex way too often." Minho chuckled, leaning against the table.

"Not what we were going to do, but thanks, bro." Thomas nodded, making me laugh as we walked out.

Thomas and I walked towards the garden, where Teresa was working.

"Teresa, we need to talk to you." Thomas spoke.

"You guys finally ready to have a threesome?" she smirked. Thomas and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes before Thomas grabbed her arm and started to drag her towards our shack.

"Good to see that you're not in the mood for joking, as usual." Teresa mumbled. Thomas rolled his eyes as we walked in and he shut the door.

"What the fuck is this?" he spat, showing her the cylinder. Her eyes widened as she took it.

"Your facial expressions tell me that you know something, so out with it." I nodded. She sighed and looked at us.

"I don't know what this is." She spoke.

"Bullshit." Thomas snapped.

"I don't know what this is, but I do know what WICKD is. They're the people who sent us in here." She admitted. My eyes widened as I looked at Thomas.

"What is it doing here? Y/N found it in the river." Thomas scoffed. Teresa shook his head.

"I genuinely don't know, you've got to believe me." She shook her head.

"I'm sure you can see why we struggle to believe that, given that you're their mole." Thomas nodded.

"Teresa, I've been to that stream every day for three years, yet it's the first time that I've ever seen that. That just arrived here." I scoffed. She sighed and looked down.

"I'm telling you, I don't know what it's for, or how it got there. In all honesty, I haven't heard from WICKD in a couple months." She admitted.

"And you didn't tell us because?" Thomas scoffed.

"Maybe because it's none of your business." She spat.

"It became our business as soon as people died because of you, Teresa." Thomas snapped. She sighed.

"Maybe it's a sign or something. Maybe it's saying that Thomas and Minho are close to figuring out how to get out." She shrugged.

"Let's hope it is. Because it could also be a sign that we're fucked." He mumbled.

"Am I free to go now?" Teresa cooed.

"Whatever." Thomas muttered, making her roll her eyes as she left the shack. Thomas sighed and looked at me.

"I'm going to get this back to the woods shack. I'll see you at dinner?" he asked.

"See you then." I nodded. He returned it before leaning down and gently kissing me before leaving the shack.

Thomas's P.O.V

Thomas walked back into the woods shack and shut the door.

"Good fuck?" Minho chuckled.

"You know, Y/N and I don't have sex every time we run off together." Thomas smiled.

"Yeah right." Minho scoffed, making Thomas chuckle and shake his head as he took the cylinder out of his pocket.

"What does that thing do, anyway?" Minho mumbled. Thomas shrugged as he held it in his hands. His eyes widened as three red lights suddenly appeared on the side.

"We're about to find out. I think I just turned it on." He gulped. Minho returned it. Thomas's eyes widened as the tube started to beep.

"Minho, it's beeping, what do I do?" he gulped.

"It could be a bomb if it's beeping, drop it." Minho returned the gulp.

"Oh, shit." Thomas hissed as he threw the cylinder to the door of the shack before getting down on the floor.

"Get down!" Thomas yelled, making Minho get down and cover his head. Thomas covered his head too and squeezed his eyes shut as the beeping accelerated before stopping. Thomas slowly opened his eyes again and looked around.

"It didn't blow up." Minho mumbled as they stood up. Thomas's eyes widened as the cylinder was upright on the floor and a beam of light was coming from it. He gulped as it showed a map of the maze.

"Is that-."

"A projection of the maze schematics, yeah." Thomas nodded.

"There, the exit, oh my god." Minho laughed.

"That's it! That's our way out." Thomas smiled before tightly hugging Minho.

"We need to run this route." Minho nodded.

"But, if this is correct, it'll take us all day to get there. We won't get back in time for the entrance closing." Thomas sighed. Minho gulped and nodded.

"I'm not sure about you, but if this route gets us out of the maze, I'm willing to risk my life spending one more night in it in order to get out." He spoke. Thomas sighed and nodded.

"Okay. We'll go tomorrow. You find Newt and tell him what's going on, I'll do the same with Y/N." he replied.

"Gotcha." Minho spoke, holding out his fist. Thomas chuckled and fist-bumped him before leaving the shack.