Chapter 9 - Hook's here

Ariana’s POV:

Peter and I spent the rest of the day on the beach, swimming and just lying in the sun. When the dark falls over Neverland we head back to the camp. As soon as we arrive I notice a brown haired boy who sits next to the fire.

“Peter, who’s that?” I ask and nods towards the boy.

“That’s Henry, our new recruit” he say and sneaks his arms around my waist.

“Oh, I’m going to go and talk to him” I say and tries to turn around.

Peter tightens his grip on me and kisses my cheek.

“Can’t we go back to ours?” he mumbles in my ear, “Henry will still be here tomorrow”

“No I want to talk to him now” I say and tries to move his arms.

“You’re so stubborn” he chuckles and releases me.

“Am not” I say and stick my tongue.

He just chuckles and lightly slaps my bum as I walk away. I gasp and turn around with a fake angry expression. Peter winks at me and turns to Felix who now stands beside him. I shake my head and once again walks towards the boy.

“Hi there” I say as I take a seat next to him.

“Hi” he answers.

“What’s your name?” I ask, even though Peter told me it’s a way to start a conversation with him.

“Henry, what’s yours?”

“Ariana but you can call me Ari” I say and smiles.

“I thought only boys were allowed in Neverland” he says and turns to look at me.

“Apparently not” I laugh.

“So I heard you’re the new recruit” I say.

“Not exactly, I’m not staying” he answers lowly.

“You’re not?” I ask surprised.

“No, my family is coming for me” he says firmly, as if to convince himself.

“Wow, you seem to have a nice family” I say.

“Yeah, they’re great” he smiles.

“So how did you get here?” he continues.

“Hmm well, it’s actually quite complicated” I say and stares into the fire.

“If there’s one thing we got here, it’s time” he says and chuckles.

“Yeah, I guess so” I laugh lightly.

I end up telling Henry everything, from my escape from my home to Peter kidnapping me and all the things that has happened here.

“I’ve never heard that Peter Pan was supposed to have a soulmate” he says concerned.

“Me neither, it was never in any of the stories” I say.

“No but I’ve learned that a lot of things are not included in the stories” he says and smiles sadly.

“So what do you think?” I ask him.

“Honestly, it’s hard to imagine but I guess we’ll see” he says.

Henry and I get very well along with each other, he seems like a really good kid. We sit next to the fire and talks for what feels like hours before Peter appears.

“Ready to go to bed Ari?” he asks and reaches out his hand.

“Sure” I say and take it, “where’s Henry sleeping?”