Chapter 1 - Crazy boy

Ariana was thrown to the ground and gasped for air as she felt a big army boot pushing her further down against the floor.

- "You will learn to obey me girl!" a loud male voice screamed to her. The voice belonged to Ariana's stepfather who had both anger issues and a drinking problem. Her mother was always working and ever since Ariana's younger brother Liam died in a car accident four years ago she has been cold and showing no emotions whatsoever.

Ariana knew that her mother wishes that it was her and not Liam who had died. It had always been very clear who was the favorite child. After his death, everything got out of control. Her mother Cheryl met a new man who didn't like Ariana at all. It almost seemed like his hobby was to see how much pain she could take before she passed out. Cheryl was well aware of what was going on but she didn't care.

Instead of getting weak and feel sorry for herself, Ariana soon learned how to defend and fight for herself and she had become quite the warrior.

She felt the boot on her back release the pressure only for a second but that was all she needed. She turned to her back and twisted her legs around her stepfather's leg and pushed him to the floor. She quickly got up and ran up the stairs, into her room and locked the door. She hated him, absolutely hated him!

She went to her window and looked at the stars, which always calmed her down. Ariana was a very beautiful girl with dark brown hair that ended right above her bum and deep green eyes. She was of average height and had a curvy body. She had just turned 18 and was about to leave this hell hole, she had nothing left here. She had decided to go to London, get a job, somewhere to live and then start her new life.

Ariana's POV:

I packed my bag as fast as I could. I finally had enough money so I could pay the first rent in London for whatever place I found. I had my black jeans, boots and a blue shirt on as I carefully opened my door and listened for any sound. All I could hear was my stepfather's snoring so I quickly ran down the stairs, out through the door and into the night. I was catching the bus to London so I walked the short distance to the station and waited. After four hours on a horrible bus, I finally arrived in London.

I happily walked down the streets and just enjoyed the taste of freedom. I bought a soda and a sandwich and sat down in the park, eating and looking at all the children playing without a single problem in the world. I sat there longer then I intended so when I got up to look for a motel or something it was getting pretty dark. I walked down the streets again which now looked kind of scary so I quickened my speed.

"Hey gorgeous, stop for a second!" I heard a dark voice yell behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw four guys walking a few meters away. I instantly felt that this was going to be difficult, sure I was a good fighter but four large men? Not even I could deal with that myself so instead, I started to run.

"Stop, we just want to talk a little!" they yelled and started to run after me. I ran a few blocks before I decided to run down an alley so I could hide. I stayed behind a dumpster for about 15 minutes before I stood up and checked if the coast was clear.

"They're gone" I heard a male voice say beside me. I let out a shriek and jumped to the side. Before me now stood a boy that looked like he was about my age, brown-reddish hair with emerald green eyes. He had brown pants with a green long shirt, boots and a belt with a knife attached to his waist.

"Are you done checking me out?" he asked with a smirk.

"Why are you dressed so weird?" I asked. Wow, good job Ariana, here you are talking to a stranger in a dark alley and you ask why he's dressed weird.

"Why are you?" he answered.

"I'm not dressed weird" I argued. He just gave me a look and started walking towards me. When I started to back away he stopped and looked at me confused.

"Are you scared of me?"

"Well, we are standing in a creepy alley and for all I know, you could be crazy" I said.

"Lucky for you I'm not" he chuckled. "What's your name?" he continued. Since I don't know this guy I think it's better to lie so I quickly thought of a name and answered;

"Lydia, what's yours?"

"Now now Ariana, didn't your mother teach you that lying is bad?" he said with a smirk.

"How do you know my name?" I asked and got in a defensive stance.

"That's not important, all you need to know is that I know you, Ariana. I know everything about you" he said.

"Okay this is getting a little bit too creepy for me" I said and turned around, ready to sprint away from there.

"Don't run Ariana, it won't do you any good" 

Instead of listening to him I did the opposite and started running out of the alley. I heard a loud sigh and before I could reach the street I could feel myself being lifted from the ground. I looked up and saw that the crazy guy is carrying me bridal style while flying.

"Put me down!" I screamed at him and started banging on his chest.

"No I like having you in my arms" he said and ignored my attempt to wiggle free. After a few minutes, I gave up, seeing that there's no way out of this. After a couple of hours, I could see an island in the distance. It seemed like we were heading towards it so I could just make my escape as soon as we land. The crazy guy landed on the beach and put me down so I could stand on my own.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Neverland" he said proudly.

"Neverland? As in Peter Pan?" I said and laughed.

"Ah, so you do know my name" he said and smirked.

"Wow you are crazier than I thought"

"Really, didn't we just fly here?" he said and took a step towards me. Shit, he's right, better run then. I spun around and started sprinting the other way.

"Fine then" I heard him say. "If this is how you want it".

"Let's play!"