HYDRA

Steve stood on the bridge, staring out as he had a flashback of him and Bucky. Sam, Maria Hill and Elise sat in a dark blue sedan quietly and patiently waiting for Steve. They both watched him as he leaned against the bridge, reminiscing. "Should I go talk to him?" Sam asked her.

Elise tilted her head slightly as she carefully watched him then shook her head. "No, I got it. Stay here." He nodded his head as she got out of the car and walked over then joined Steve on the bridge. She walked up to him silently before grabbing his hand, softly. He looked over to her but she looked forward. "He's gonna be there, you know?"

"I know."

Glancing over to him, she squinted her eyes to them from the beaming sun. "I'm the only one that understands how you feel right now. I need you to know that." He nodded his head. "But, Steve, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop."

"I don't know if I can do that."

"Well, he might not give you a choice. He doesn't know you. I doubt he even knows me."

"He will. Gear up, it's time." Steve turned and started to walk off but she stopped him.

"You gonna wear that?" She asked while looking down at his attire.

"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform."

She smirked before pulling him with her to the car. "I know just where to get it."

They both got into the car and she sped off towards Smithsonian Museum, where they had an exhibit tribute to Captain America and the other war heroes, including Bucky Barnes.

The three snuck in as Sam distracted the people and Elise distracted the guards while Steve stole the Captain America uniform off of the mannequin before the three left out quickly.

They changed into their uniforms and headed down to the Triskelion where the Helicarriers were being held. A man on the PA system said, "Triskelion command request we clear the area for launch."

A Tech went and opened the door. He was faced with Steve, Elise, Sam and Hill on the other side of the door, Sam and Hill pointed their guns at him while Elise ignited fire in her hands with a side smile. "Excuse us." Steve said as the tech held his hands up and stepped aside to let them enter.

With her fire fingers, she pointed to the side of the room. "Sam, keep him over there." Sam nodded his head before leading the tech to the side of the room. Steve and Elise walked over to the PA system. "Hold that button down and talk into the microphone." She explained to Steve.

He followed her explanation by pressing down on the button and leaning forward to the SHIELD microphone. "Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay."

Elise chuckled as he finished his speech. "Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?"

"Top of my head." He answered shortly.
-
The HYDRA agents entered the control room where Sharon Carter was and started shooting and killing the crew and techs; at the headquarters Hill watched on the monitor as the Helicarriers a
were being initiated. "They're initiating launch." She informed the team.