Falcon

Elise had let Steve and Natasha go to New Jersey. She was called back to SHIELD headquarters to see Alexander Pierce and she had worried that Sharon wasn't able to keep them off of her tracks. She changed out of the civilian clothes into a pencil skirt and a blouse with heels.

Walking into the building, she saw that not only was Steve wanted but so was Natasha. She continued to walk towards the elevator as nonchalant and none suspicious as she could. She pressed the button and then stepped on. "Mr. Pierce's office." She told the computerized elevator.

"Authorization, Agent Acworth, confirmed."

The elevator started going up as she waited, anxiously. The door opened and she stepped off into Mr. Pierce's office. He was sitting at his desk looking towards her as if he was waiting for her. Walking over to the desk, she placed her hands behind back as she fiddled with her gloves. Fury had told them that Shield was compromised and she was certain that Alexander had something to do with it. Her fingers twitched to let Azria out and kill him here and now while they were alone.

She nodded her head towards him, professionally. "Mr. Pierce."

"Agent, take a seat."

"No, I rather stand." Her quick response made him pause but she had to quickly reiterate her statement. "I've been sitting too long, you know?"

"I do, yes." He said before going quiet for a moment. "I haven't had the chance to tell you but I'm so sorry for you lost." She swallowed some spit as her head lifted a little to look down at him. She had enough training to not let her emotions show on her face and that was what he wanted. He wanted to see how this affected her.

"Thank you. I appreciate that, sir."

He waved her off. "You don't have to call me that. We're family. I've known you since you were a baby." She didn't react. "I am doing whatever I can to find the person who is responsible."

"I think I have a good idea."

He sighed heavily as he ignored her statement. "You're probably wondering why we're searching for Captain Rogers."

"It may have crossed my mind."

"Captain Rogers has information on your father's death that he chose to withheld from SHIELD." He told her. "Surveillance footage showed you outside of his apartment building the night Nick was shot. What were you doing there?"

She crossed her arms across her chest. "That's a personal question, don't you think?"

He shook his head. "My apologies. I'm just trying to pick up the pieces of my friend's death. I know you two didn't have the best relationship."

She raised an eyebrow. "Your point?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if you had something to do with it, as well."

It took almost every ounce of self-control in her body not to burn him to a crisp. She took a deep breath before taking a seat in front of him. "Mr. Pierce, I want you to understand something," She started off as she leaned forward placing her hands on the desk. "My father and I didn't have to typical father-daughter relationship but there is no way I'd try to kill him. He...was the only parent that I had left."

His lips tightened before he placed a hand on top of hers. "You're right. I'm sorry that I accused you." She nodded her head as she used her emotions to not look suspicious. In truth, she didn't have anything to do with Nick's death; but, she didn't want SHIELD to put her on the search list, as well. She was supposed to be the inside man along with Agent Carter. "Do you happen to have Captain Rogers whereabouts?"

She hesitated before shaking her head. "I haven't seen him since he left the hospital." She lied while looking straight into his eyes. She kept her eyes steady so he couldn't decipher any deception. She bit her lip. "If he has anything to do with my father's murder, I'll kill him myself." Her eyes flashed white with intense red glow before fading back to hazel green.