12

CJ'S POV::

I was walking right behind Daryl, and we came upon a tent. Daryl made the rest of the group, including me. 

I watched as he walked to the tent and checked it and then he shrugged his shoulders, and my dad had Carol come to call out to see if Sophia was in it. 

"Sophia, sweetie, are you in there?" She asked softly, "Sophia, it's mommy. Sophia, we're all here, baby. It's mommy." 

And when no one answered, my dad and Shane went to the tent where Daryl was. 

When they opened the tent, it looked like they were hit with an awful smell, because all three coughed and were covering their noses. 

And then Daryl went into the tent. 

And I got worried after he had been in there for a few seconds. 

"Daryl?" I called out and he didn't answer, and then Carol also called out to him. And then he came out. 

"It ain't her," He confirmed and Carol looked relieved. 

"What's in there?" I asked him, and he looked at me. 

"Some guy," He answered, "Did what Jenner said. Opted out. Ain't that what he called it?" 

And then we heard church bells, and we were running toward them. 

When we got to where we thought they were, the church we found had no steeple or bells. 

But my dad ran to it anyways. The group followed him, I was able to keep up with Shane, and when we made it to the entrance, I stayed back, because Daryl made me. 

My dad, Shane, and Daryl then proceeded into the church and killed the walkers in it.

"Yo, JC, you takin requests?" Daryl asked the statue of Jesus in the front of the room. And that's when the bells started to ring again, and we all ran to the source. 

"It's on a timer," Daryl said as he looked at it. 

"Damn," I said under breath as I looked at the group, and just walked out into the cemetery part of the church. 

I sat there for a good 10 minutes before the group came out of the church. 

And that's when my dad and Shane decided it was best to split up the group, and Carl wanted to go, so I also volunteered to go. 

"You okay with this?" My dad asked my mom and she nodded. 

"Just stay safe," She said as she cupped both of our cheeks. 

"We will mom," I replied and Carl nodded. 

I saw Daryl looking at me, and I walked over to him. 

"I promise, I will stay safe," I said to him and lightly touched his arm. 

"Okay," He grunted and walked off. 

And I turned back to see my dad offering my mom his colt, and she refused, and then Daryl handed her his spare. 

"I'm going to take a minute," My dad said as he walked back into the church. 

I stood outside by the tree, waiting, and I watched as Shane and Carl sat on the stairs of the church. 

And then finally, we were able to leave. 

We were in the forest when we heard a sound, I got my knife ready and my dad and Shane got their guns ready. 

We came upon a deer. 

I was walking in front of Carl, to the side, so he could see and we were both looking at it, with amazement. 

Then I felt a piercing pain go through my side and then I heard yells. 

And the next thing I knew I was on the ground, and all I could see was blackness. 

THIRD PERSON POV;

Rick watched as both of his children hit the ground, bleeding. 

"No, no, no, no!" He yelled and Shane rushed over, to cover him as he looked over his kids, and he got more hysterical as he saw they were both bleeding, heavily. 

A man then came out of the forest, and Shane got angry. 

"You just shot two kids!" He yelled and the man looked very saddened as he heard that. 

"I-I didn't mean to," The man said as he looked at the two kids laying on the ground. 

The man then told Rick and Shane about the farm and that the man who lived there could help, and Shane picked up CJ and Rick picked up Carl, and they were running. 

The man couldn't keep up, so Shane yelled at him. 

"You better be right behind us! How far?" Shane asked as he screamed. 

"About half a mile! Ask for Hershel!" The man yelled out to them. 

And they ran faster than they did in their entire lives, to save the lives of two children.