Chapter 1

Okay not sure how good this is going to be but we're gunna try!

I OWN NOTHING! All rights go to marvel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd pov

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Before battle of Wakanda*

He walked forward to stand next to  her, without even turning she knew someone was standing there and she knew exactly who that person was. James was the only person in the world who could of got that close to her without her noticing, she knew that if he had actually tried he probably would of been able to sneak the whole way up to her, but because he hadn't it meant he was purposely making her aware of his presence meaning he wanted to talk. Natasha Romonoff did not want to talk to him, correction, Natasha Romonoff could not talk to him.Well at least not without all her past memories bubbling up to the surface and she didn't feel she could handle that, especially with the battle that she was sure would start at any second.
But then again when does she ever get what she want.
"Hey," he started, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. It was a nervous habit of his he had always done, especially when it came to her. She found it kinda cute, but no, she could not afford to think like that.
"I...I just wanted to say, um, thanks for the gun and, um, here it is you can have it back if you want but I mean I completely understand if you don't I mea..."
She couldn't handle the cute little stutter noise he was making or the adorable little nervous face he was pulling so instead she simply cut him off.
" It's okay James, really you can keep it. You probably need it more than I do now anyway, just try not to scratch it, I like that gun."
" Thanks," He said genuinely grateful.
He didn't turn away, instead he just stayed standing there making Nat slightly uncomfortable.
" Look there's something else clearly on your mind that you want to talk to me about, so just spit it out already! "She spoke gently but firmly.
" I just, I just, um, I just wanted to say that I remember you, well, us and the red room and all that stuff so um, yeah... "
"Oh,"
"Oh?"
"No, no, no! Not a bad 'oh' just a give me a second to process this very important news 'oh'," Nat concluded in a slightly anxious but excited voice.
Nat was about to reply when Steve Rogers himself walked in and said it was time to go, ending the conversation for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*on the wakandan battle field*

She saw him fall, dissappearing into mere ashes before her eyes. There was nothing she could do yet she still felt like there should be. But alas you can't win every battle and she just lost this one, they just lost this one.
She just lost him after she just got him back...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's my first oneshot and fanfiction in general so I mean yay!
I won't have a regular updating schedule but I will update when I have time. Sorry if its really bad but I tried!

Here have a funny winterwidow thing!

Bye!