TodoDeku

This ship between Izuku and Shoto.

The second gay ship I've reviewed on this, and by far the most popular one in the fandom (correct me if I'm appallingly wrong with that statement).

The way I see it, the only reason people ship this is because of the sports festival. You know what I'm talking about. "IT'S YOUR POWER TODOROKI!!!" The three exclamation points are entirely necessary as no one can stand up to Izuku when he gets like that. It gives me shivers thinking about it.

Moving on. In my honest opinion, I don't ship this, like at all. I have nothing against the people who do ship this, if you want to ship them, go right for it. Like I said, from my perspective people ship this because Izuku was the only one to get through to Shoto and allow him to develop. While it would make for a lovely romantic story, I have no doubt about that. It's just that, I don't see it. Shoto isn't really the type to care about a relationship. I think he views Izuku with a sense of admiration, like most of class 1-A. Yet I don't see people shipping Izuku with literally everyone else in the series.

*a quick google search later*

Ok, I take back my last statement. You guys seriously don't know when to quit on this shipping thing, jeez. And I know most of them are jokes, but the fact that people took a few hours of their own life to dedicate it to a fan art of DekuNomu, makes me want to contemplate whether or not I should have as much faith in this community as I do.

But I'm getting sidetracked, I only see Izuku and Shoto as good friends and rivals. I have nothing against this ship, but it's kinda hard to do it when Shoto is more dense than Izuku a lot of the time.

In conclusion, I rate this ship 3/10. This story line could very much work, just not with these characters.

I'll see you guys in the next one, peace.