twenty five ; long distance

" LONG DISTANCE "

" LONG DISTANCE "

" sometimes you gotta bleed to know that you're alive and have a soul, but it takes someone to come around to show you how "

_

eddie kaspbrak loved october. why? because it was the time of the year when his only school trip took place.

eddie was a part of the drama club. and every year there was a drama festival in los angeles, california with other drama groups that came from all over the country which was an insanely great oportunity to meet people that you couldn't have met otherwise. eddie had gained a few friends from all the yearly festivals he had participated in, him being a part of the derry drama club.

but the main source of his excitement wasn't that. the main source of his excitement had a name; and that name was richie tozier.

richie tozier was a boy from the ohio drama club, that eddie met on the very first festival. he was crazy good too, and his character range was insanely big so his capacities were through the roof. and eddie liked him. a lot.

he specially liked him when his lips were hungrily pressed against his neck.

because yes, eddie and richie did have a long distance... thing. and this said 'thing' didn't really have a label. it started off with innocent pinning (which went on even if they didn't see each other but had each other's phone numbers) until the fourth festival, when they took it to the next level and actually started being affectionate to the point where it was almost annoying for whoever was unlucky enough to be there.

saying goodbye was specially hard, everyone is emotional on the last day of the festival, but richie and eddie absolutely despised it. they'd call each other every damn day for the first week after and then it would move on to texting like three times a week or something. but after a year, they'd see each other and it would all happen again.

it was almost like a vicious circle. but they loved it.

but this year was certainly going to be different because both richie and eddie were seniors, which meant it was their last year to attend the festival. they never talked about it but they both knew it was happening.

when the group from derry's (the shorter boy's group) plane landed, eddie's heart was beating out of his chest. he felt like he had waited way too long and that the anticipation needed to stop.

after their landing, a private bus just for them was supposed to take them to bright star high (the californian school where most of the events of the festival took place). it was a twenty minute ride that had eddie feeling very stressed out, his chest hurt from how incredibly hard his heart was beating, but he couldn't help it.