fourteen ; shower

" SHOWER "

" SHOWER "

" i think i'm losing my mind now, it's in my head darling i hope that you'll be here when i need you the most "

_

with one last painful scream, pennywise the clown was finally out of sight. that gave time for the losers to breathe properly.

after a few emotional minutes, they decided they had to get out of here, and they honestly couldn't wait.

eddie's arms were shaking in terror and disgust. a leper had just thrown up on him. he couldn't even begin to imagine how his mom would react to the state he was in.

richie glanced at his broken best friend, and noticed how he whimpered every time his wet shoes made an unusual floppy noise when they hit the ground. richie knew him from head to toe so he wrapped his arms around the shaken up boy.

eddie simply looked down. he was dying to clean himself up, almost as much as he was dying to get as far away from the fucking sewers as he possibly could.

richie tried to give him his warmest smile even though he was just as terrified as the smaller boy.

"so..." beverly spoke up. "what now?"

her eyes and bill's met. "w-w-we leave, bev. leaving thay m-m-m-monster behind f-for good."

this time, all of the losers exchanged looks. they all wanted to head out of there but a strange force just seemed to keep them together. they were now terrified to be left alone or to leave the others alone.

"i... i don't really want to be alone, you guys." mike confessed, earning comforting glances from the group.

"yeah... m-me neither." eddie said, wrapping his arm around richie's waist.

"then we won't be alone." beverly stated. "let's sleep over at someone's tonight, okay? just for tonight." all of the losers nodded, relieved that they wouldn't have to spend their first traumatizing evening by themselves. "ben?" she turned towards the chubby boy who flinched at the sudden calling of his name. "do you think your parents will let us stay at yours? i really like it there." she smiled softly at him.

ben shrugged, slightly flustered. "i-i guess you could... do you guys agree?" and they all nodded once more. "then uh... let's go." and they all headed to ben's house.

on the way, richie and eddie hadn't let go of each other, not even once. it seemed like the only thing that would keep eddie from shaking like a leaf was richie's embrace. he made him feel safer, like there was nothing in the world that could hurt him.