Chapter 40 - Mentors and Students

May and Stephen ran as quick as they can, going back to the elevator where they came from earlier. Upon their arrival though, they were surprised with the appearance of two familiar faces.

"Hello Mr. Cabal and Ms. Santos! It's nice to see you both here." Standing right in front of the elevator are twins, a girl and a boy with the girl cheerfully greeting May and Stephen.

"Well the pleasure is ours should I say, Dy twins." Stephen smiled as he reply at the greeting while May seems to be in a rather uncomfortable mood.

"Yay! They still remember us Vincent!" The girl giggled while jumping repeatedly for a few times but the boy on the other hand, threw an intense glare at Stephen with an intent to kill.

"Enough!" The boy quickly charged at Stephen, aiming to slice him with a double edged straight sword which the latter was able to quickly defend with his own weapon. "I will kill you here and now!" The clash echoed through the area, sending a sudden gust of force.

Meanwhile, back at Chaz' battle, the teen strolled around the area, shooting down soldiers he met along the way with his gadget's laser guns. "Come out, come out wherever you are!' The teen teased Chaz, as he agilely creep on the walls and up the ceiling, making the remaining four bionic legs of his gadget do the walk for him.

Triggering a trap, an explosion suddenly put the teen's playful stroll to a stop. A troop of soldiers can be seen aiming their guns to where the explosion happened.

"Back away! This is my fight. Go search the area for the enemy pawns." Chaz suddenly appeared, coming out of a small room.

"Sir, yes sir!" The soldiers quickly chanted in harmony, then dispersed away from the place as Chaz commanded.

"So this is where you are hiding." The smoke from the explosion slowly clears out, revealing an unharmed teen that is covered with a spell shield.

"I knew that trap won't take my former prodigy student down that easily." Chaz smirked, pulling out a couple of ping pong ball like objects from his jacket.

"Ah cadet Ernani Beltran reporting for duty sir!" The teen snappily blurt out then giggled as he agilely evade the objects that are being thrown at him by Chaz. The objects exploded upon hitting the walls and ceilings with Chaz chasing upon Ernani, who playfully ran away, and is seemingly enjoying what is currently happening.

"Haha! I missed these training sessions with you! More! I want more of this!" Ernani, as he introduced himself earlier, laughed manically as he enjoy himself evading Chaz' explosives.

"Well let's see you handle this!" Chaz threw an object, similar to the previous explosives he hurled at Ernani however, this one exploded even before making an impact at the ceiling where the teen clung at that time. The object this time, let of strong shockwave, sending the teen in quick flight away. The shockwave was able to slightly affect Chaz as well, pushing him a few meters away from where he was, yet still standing securely on the ground.

"Now that was a blast!" Ernani shouted in excitement, as he clung on a wall with four of his robotic legs. "Well I guess it's time to level up our game teacher." Ernani smirked, pressing a button on what looked like a SAT device that he wore on his hips.

Meanwhile, back on the students' area, Camryn can be seen escorting the students back at each of their sleeping quarters.

"Can somebody tell me what'a happening!" James yelled in anger as he enter the current floor coming from the stairs. "We almost got that fight and you all simply decided to stop it! Ugggg!"

"Patience there little James, something just came up that needs to be taken care off immediately." Camryn laughed and replied at James, amused of his usual short-tempered attitude.

"So when will the match be resumed?" Lyra inquired in a slightly disappointed tone.

"Well...maybe tomorrow or...perhaps later." Camryn shrugged then smiled at Lyra. "I suggest we just go get some rest. You need them once the match actually resume."

Mark on the other hand remained silent, slowly walking behind the rest of the students. Each student can be seen disappearing one by one towards each of their rooms.

"Quite tired are we?" Camryn turned to Mark upon noticing him being the last student to enter the current floor. James and Lyra has now gone to each of their rooms so is the rest of the student, leaving Camryn and Mark alone in the corridor. Mark remained silent seemingly lost in a deep thought.

"Well nothing bad is going to happen if that's what you are worried of." Camryn tapped Mark's shoulder in an attempt to cheer the student up.

"I guess there's nothing to worry about!" Mark faked a smile as he look up to Camryn then absent-mindedly walked towards his room.

Not looking back, Mark got in his cabin then locked the door behind him. He walked towards his bed but before he can lie down, he was suddenly grabbed from behind with his mouth being covered with a piece of cloth. A sedative contained in the cloth quickly made Mark lose consciousness. 

Metal clashes, thunder rumbles then a heavy fall of rain kept Mark in confusion as he witness a battle that seemed too familiar. In front of him, his demon clashes with another demon of similar form except that the other one is pitch black in color in contrast with Frost's snow white fur.

The battle appeared to be similar to a dream he had during his early days in the military only this time, he is witnessing the match in a third person view. The skirmish went on until a quetzalcoatl appear above the two clashing demons.

"Watch out!" Mark screamed, trying to catch the attention of his demon as a twister start to appear between the two battling demons. Unable to catch the attention of his demon, Mark can only watch in horror as he witness his demon along with its contender being thrown upward by a powerful twister that seemed to be of the quetzalcoatl's doing.

The scene suddenly crumbled in dust like a movie screen being burned to ashes. Mark found himself floating into nothingness, with everything around him being pitch black.

"Wake up!" A voice suddenly snapped Mark back into consciousness.

¤¤¤000¤¤¤

And once again I'm back in business! Please do vote for this chapter or leave some comments for me. Thanks for your continuous support guys!

Next Chapter: The Sword Demon and The Lightning Gunner