Chapter 13 - I'm Stuck With Them

Frost ran around while evading the webs. Mark commanded it to just focus on evading the webs and conserve its energy as much as possible.

It reached the spot right below Aster and unfortunately, it seem to have lost its energy to do another move. Frost finally fell down backwards but tilted that it landed on its right side.

Aster shot another web which securely pinned Frost's body to the ground. It shot another web to pin its legs then another web to reinforce the previous ones.

"Hahaha! Now it's over for you Mark! I'm gonna make your demon sleep and the victory's mine at last!" James spouted raising both his arms to the air with his fists clenched celebrating his victory. "Ok now Aster! Put it to sleep!"

Aster shot a thread to the ceiling and then slowly rappelled itself down towards Frost.

"Come on end the fight now Aster! Put that demon to sleep!" James cheered Aster as it comes down using its thread that hangs on the ceiling.

Aster is almost in the ground over Frost who is now pinned to the floor, immobile.

Mark simply stood on the corner of the room standing sloppily grieving his moment of defeat. He looked at his demon with empathy giving back the look it gave him when he summoned it earlier.

Aster finally touched the floor and stuck out its sting preparing it to be injected to Frost. Frost however, managed to cut the side of the web freeing its right hand and cutting through the two front left legs of the Arach.

Partly crippled, Aster fell to its left side. Frost made another stab to the Arach's left torso making it shriek in pain.

"Darn you Mark! It's still partly immobile! Quickly sting it and send it to sleep!" James shouted at Aster who tried to lift itself up and position its sting to be injected to Frost.

Before it can succeed though, Frost was able to break its right leg free and gave Aster a powerful kick. The kick was able to reach the Arach's abdomen and send it a few inches away.

"Haha! Was that kick all you've got? Get back to it Aster." James mocked Frost whose kick is obviously not powerful enough to gain a decent distance from it.

However, with Aster partly crippled, Frost had time enough to fully free itself before Aster can come closer. Aster suddenly stopped with Frost protruding its right blade towards Aster.

"Playtime's over boys! That was a good fight you gave there kid!" A lady with a blond hair tied to a single ponytail style suddenly appeared at the stairs beside the elevator. She clapped applauding the victory of Mark.

"Oh James! May asked me to look for you and told me to remind you of bed time." The blond lady smiled as she spoke to James.

"Bed time! Are you kidding me? It's still six o' clock in the afternoon!" James stumped his feet in rebellion.

"Now, now don't be too hardheaded." The lady went over to James and whispered on his ear.

"Aw! Alright. Hmmmp!" James absorbed Aster then folded his arms as he walked towards the elevator. Mark did the same to Frost but stayed for a while.

"Oh you are Mark right?" She looked and pointed at Mark which surprised the latter.

"Uhmmm...yes Ma'am." Mark barely tries to look her in the eye but seems to be too shy to do so.

"Oh please just Camryn, or rather Cami!" Camryn smiled at Mark then continued "Oh yes May wants you at her office. Come I'll show you where." She extended her right hand which Mark got without hesitation then they walked towards the elevator door.

1985: Dawn of a New World (A Summoner Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें