seventeen - together

Start from the beginning

"Heads up!" Nat threw one of her staffs to me

"Thanks!" I yelled back.

She shocked one next to me. "You were clearly struggling."

"I probably should go back to training!" I used my left hand to throw ice at the bots.

"Training you is like training a bear, you never listen!" She yelled over the loud 'pew pews' of the robots.

The robots started coming in very heavily so I couldn't reply back to her.

The sounds everywhere invaded my ears, Hulk roars mixed in with metal being blasted. Lasers, arrows, guns you name it.

Thor was eliminating many with lightning, Hulk was well...smashing.

Gusts of wind passed me every second due to Pietro. Flashes of red illuminating the small space from Wanda.

Ultron moved to grab Vision. I turned away to help.

Vision used his mind ray thing to blast him back, Thor followed to hit him with the lighting and Tony did the same with his hands.

I slid on the ground and crouched in front of Vision.

I lifted both my hands and used the rest of my strength to freeze Ultron's legs into place.

We all drew back our attack, I was feeling very drained. I could barely get up.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight." Ultron began but Hulk appeared out of nowhere and hit him away, he was flung into the air.

Dad ran up to me, looking at my face and arms for any sign of injuries.

"I'm fine." I half slouched into him, like I said I was feeling drained.

"They'll try to leave the city."

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Tony flew off.

"I'm on it."

I glanced past dad's arms and watched as Rhodey.

"Oh, no, I didn't say you could leave. War Machine, comin' at you, right ..." Vision came right up and tore apart many of them.

"Okay, what?"

Dad put his free hand to his coms, he was still holding me up. "We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Clint asked.

"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda seemed to really know herself now, good for her I'm proud.

Dad was pulling me along to the car that Nat and Clint we're getting in. "I can still fight." I tried to let him stop helping me walk.

"I know you can, you're as good as the rest of us but I need you safe." He pulled some hair out of my face.

"But-"

"You did your part, now get seated. I'll find you when this all ends."

I decided now, for once in my damn life to listen. "Okay." I replied in almost a whisper.

"We're almost out of this fight now go with Nat and Clint." Dad kissed my forehead.

I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a huge hug. "I love you Dad."

"Love you too tiger."

I let him go and jumped into the dusty back seat.

Clint slaked his foot on the petal and I started reaching for the seatbelt, something I hate but I quite feel like I'll die.

"I know what I need to do. The dining room! If I knock out that east wall, it'll make a nice work space for Laura, huh? Put up some baffling, she can't hear the kids running around, what do you think?"

"You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway." She replied.

"Thanks to Lila I'm still finding glitter everywhere." I saw some in one of my loose hairs.

"No one eats in a dining room, Hazel you should be proud to be a permanent disco ball."

"Ha ha." I rolled my eyes.

We reached the lifeboats. "We don't have a lot of time"

"So get your ass on a boat." Nat hopped out of the car while Clint helped me out.

"I'm going to take a good nap after this." I limped onto the lifeboat.

*cries* ah next chapter :)))))