Chapter 01 ~ Lasting Storm

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine Riddian, just move out of my way please," I sighed and attempted to go around him again, but there was no hope.

"Ms. Harrington I'm not letting you out until you tell me what's wrong—"

"I'm on my period and I need to see if they have soak ups or plug ins for me downstairs. Plus, I also need some new clothes, Advil and I'm craving ice cream and chocolate which may only make this whole situation worse. You asked me what's wrong Riddian? That's what's wrong! And let's also not forget that this is all just perfect seeing that I'm stuck at a motel with all connections cut off from the outside world, a thunderstorm still raging outside and a guy who kissed me last night and then left! You wanna ask if I'm okay again? Go ahead, but my next answer will not be so pleasant... trust me." I hissed back before I could even stop myself and Riddian was obviously beyond shocked at my bluntness and rant about my every problem at the moment.

I didn't have the energy to feel anymore embarrassed or hurt than I already was as another cramp hit me and I had to bend slightly and suck it all up. Of course I must have one of the worst kinds of periods in the wrong time and place.

That was enough to bring Riddian back to himself though as his arms were around me next and he was guiding me back to the bed. I didn't really have a choice in the situation since I couldn't really protest in the condition I was in, but I was ready to try when I was finally in bed and Riddian was straightening his jacket— from the party— and telling me that he would be right back.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked nervously, hoping he wasn't going to do what I thought he would.

"You said you need a couple things from downstairs, so I'm going to get them for you." He replied with his eyes a bit narrowed, somewhere between his usual intimidating stare and the look he's been giving me over the past few weeks, including last night. Not complete bastard Riddian I despised, and not complete cool and friendly Riddian I liked, but that didn't distract me from what I wanted to say.

"No, you can't get those for me. I have to do it myself," I protested again making him sigh.

"Ms. Harrington, you can barely stand. I have a sister and friend who have also been in a similar situation like this. I can handle this."

"I didn't say you can't handle this, I said you can't get those for me. I wouldn't feel... comfortable..."

"But you felt comfortable enough to spout everything you were feeling two seconds ago at me?" he raised an eyebrow.

I glared at him and buried my head into the pillow.

"Jush-gory-pack-allem-neder-todd-abu-dis-agaid," I warned him.

There was only silence for a few seconds until I heard him ask,

"What?"

I groaned and turned back towards him.

"I said just hurry back and never talk about this again," I repeated, looking away from him as he rolled his eyes and turned towards the door again.

"I'll be right back. Don't. Move. From that bed," he ordered, pulling the door open and that's when I remember something important.

"I'll need maxi pads! And any ice cream as long as it doesn't have any peanuts... Or raisin!" I spoke up just as he stepped through the doorway and went to close the door behind him. "The same for the chocolate! And if they have some more comfy clothes like this but longer socks-"

"I already don't want to do this so don't make this worse," he commented, cutting me off and then slamming the door. I made a face after him and then buried my face into the pillow again. Life couldn't possibly get any more embarrassing than this...