ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ

Many days had passed since Henry told Kass that he loved her. And she did said it back. And she didn't lied.

Now the cherries started to disappeared like the blossoms did before. And the temperature started to sink ever so slightly but not uncomfortable. More like an more enjoyable breeze than the heat. But with that the melancholy of the gone summer memories.

Kassie had told Josie about her experience. The blonde was jealous and happy at once. She wanted to feel these things as well. But Kassie then told her that she would someday soon.

The brown haired beauty was making her way towards the Johnston house once again. How she did so many times before. And so many days and months and hours had passed since she had got her best friend back. And he then evolved to her first and maybe only love.

But her unbelievable smile vanished when she could make out an man in a dark coat talking to Misses Johnston with Henry standing behind her like a lost pup. The man radiated such an coldness and danger that Kassie couldn't bring herself to continue walking. Just facing his back made her shiver uncomfortably.

"His real name is Michael Gray" He said in a smooth dark voice that made Kassie's mind tumble. The name cut sharp into her mind. Like a razor blade. Her own name was Kassandra Kayne. The name of a serial killer. But not even that could make her name as scary as the one that came out of the man's mouth. Who ever he was he was bad that was tea. But Kassie couldn't define in what way he was bad. Henry's mother started hitting the man aggressively as he handed Henry a card. Never ever had Kassie seen Misses Johnston seen that angry. He backed up to look at the lad before giving up on Misses Johnston and walking away with his coat waving behind him dramatically. Kassie bothered to make herself visible then.

"Who was that?" She asked as she approached the scene. Her eyebrows were raised in something like hopelessness and fear. More fear.

"No idea" Henry answered as he looked at the card before walking out of the garden to his girlfriend. "Let's go to the meadow" They shared completely uncomfortable silence on the way to their horses. It seemed like glass and it could shattered so easy and yet so painful. Pushing down onto her lungs like a tight rope. As if she was trapped in a small container and the air got thicker.

"What did he want? He didn't seemed like he was trying to sell bibles" Kassie carefully confessed as she knew that Henry could snap at her every second. Be angry out of his own fear or something.

"He was here because of my real mum" He said bitterly as his hands trailed over the soft fur of his bay mare.

"She wants to see you?" Kassie asked excited to lighten the vibes a little. Everything still seemed to be pushing her down. "I'm so glad for you"

"I'm not sure what to think about it. Mum... I mean Rosemary said that she was a terrible person. Using coke and beating me" He said looking to the floor. "What if she is that way?"His eyes found hers softly searching for answers or more questions.

"You're pretty much a good person so she can't be all that bad" Kassie confessed chuckling trying to make Michael smile.

"Your Dad was an serial killer but you're pretty fine either" He snickered causing her to smile to.

"Touché" She said as she popped down under one of the trees staring into the clear sky. "I'm actually glad that I did not met my dad really to be honest" She spoke her mind ruining her pep talk now.

"Because he was a psychopath?" Henry chuckled as he took the spot next to her his eyes also watching the clouds play like kittens.

"No but because I may as well could've liked him and not even would've realized what he may did. Like this I can just tell myself that I was to young" She mumbled bitterly even though it did not make sense in her mind.

"That did not make sense and Misses Laurent would probably flare you for that statement but I understand what you mean" Henry's eyes fixed on hers. "I understand that you do not trust your feelings. They can fool you in the worst way"

"That does sound weird either" She snickered turning her head towards him for a second.

"Ya it does" He chuckled as she mounted his lap again leaning down into a desired kiss.

"I want every inch of my skin to belong to you as long as I'm walking on this earth. As my rotten soul is here I want it to be with yours and feeling that I belong to you" She whispered as a tear left the corner of her eyes.

"Your soul is not rotten" Henry sulked as his hands rested on her hips softly.

"It is since you fucked me in the church" She couldn't keep herself from bursting into laughter at that statement. Remembering how they were caught from two six year olds who were traumatized now.

"And I'd fuck you in every church in the United Kingdom dearly" He said as he bit her lip slightly.

"Why?" She laughed even if she was sure she guessed the answer already.

"Just to make sure that I'm going to hell as well" Henry answered kissing her neck. Not like a predator. Just loving her. And he loved kissing her. And loving her. Just even having her for his own made him warm inside and happy and even made him feel a little powerful.

And just a few days later Kassie found herself crying in the exact same spot after now Michael called her telling her that he wouldn't come back to the village. And so she was alone. She promised herself that her heart would stay broken forever. Not really promising but more trying to remind herself that loss was itchy. And that she had trusted the wrong but yet so right person.