The gift

Pulling into my driveway I felt so tired. As I walk in the house your sitting down on the sofa. I look at you and walk toward the stairs but you stop me. 

"Where have you been," he says. 

"I told you I was at work,bh" I say annoyed. 

"It doesn't take you that long to get here so where were you at?" he says standing up.

"I told you I was at work and I came straight home it was a lot of traffic, okay I don't wanna argue but you're pushing my buttons," I say raising my voice.

"You're a lier I know where you were. You probably was with some other guy." he says angrily walking toward me.

Ugh, I say as I walk past him to go up the stairs. You always do this your so jealous, so insecure. I'm over it how did we come to this. I didn't do anything. They say the good outweighs the bad but shit its always bad. 

I got ready for bed and climbed into bed. So deep in thoughts again I cry. I can't take this, I felt a dip in the bed and I felt your arms wrap around me. I hurry to wipe my tears and just lay there.

"Baby I'm sorry you know I didn't mean it," you say as you kiss the back of my neck.

But nothing I feel nothing I just lay there.

"Damn it I said I was sorry you know I love you". you say getting annoyed.

"Yeah I know I love you too" I say trying to cover up the sorrow in my voice. 

As I lay there watching the moonlight come through the bedroom window, I listen to you go to bed. Thinking of work and how I'm going to deal with Brenton tomorrow.

Doo Doo Doo!!!!!

ugh, another day of this shit I thought. I stretched as I got up. Glad that you were gone I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I did that I went downstairs to the kitchen to make my coffee. After that, I got ready grabbed my purse and headed out to work. Walking into work I set my purse down and started on some paperwork. I started working on a board for a new presentation for the Christley's when Brenton interrupted me.

"Hey, I can take lead in the presentation for the Christley's for you since I know them already," he says with a smirk.

"No I got it that's okay" I say already annoyed.

"Hey listen I'm sorry about the other day okay. I didn't mean any harm just friendly competition. I didn't mean to make you upset. We're on the same team here no need to be enemies." he says smiling at me.

"I don't hold any grudges but I don't care, you stay outta my way, I stay out of yours," I say looking at you.

Okay, you say with your hands raised backing away out of my office. I rolled my eyes and continue my day. Hours went by and I'm deep into my work until I get a call. 

"Hello," I say confused.

"Hey Jennelle it's me, Dianne, it seems you have a special delivery is it ok if I send it up?" she says.

 "Sure it's fine," I said getting excited. 

As I wait for my delivery to get here I'm wondering what it is. I start to look at my computer to see if I had ordered anything but I couldn't find anything. More and more I look but nothing. I get interrupted by a knock on my office door. I motion for the delivery man to come in and I see this large bouquet of white roses. My favorite I said smiling.

"For Jannelle," he says.

Yes, it's me I say as I look at the massive flowers on my office desk. I try to find a note on the flower but there's so many flowers. It's so beautiful I say as I look at it. finally, I found the note and it read. I hope this will change the way you feel. I'm sorry don't stay mad at me.