Chapter 10

Athena played with her doll, Mr. Georgie, as she waited for her father to finish his work. She doesn't like to come with him to his office but her mother was needed to go to work and Athena stubbornly told her that she doesn't want to be with a nanny.

So this was the only option.

She can't complain because this only happens once in a life time. She always stays with a stranger and today is the first time her parents let her stay with one of them without a nanny.

But she couldn't help but feel bored. Her father was too busy to play with her and she's stuck in this dull office.

"Papa... " Athena's voice was little and vulnerable. Perfect for a three year old.

Her father hummed, indicating that he's listening.

"Finished yet?"

His father shook his head. "No, I'm afraid I'm still not finished yet."

"When?"

"When what?"

"When'll you be finished?" She asked.

Alexander Hale gave her a light laugh before standing up from his seat and kneeling down to the ground to face his only daughter.

"Soon, baby." He answered. Athena huffed and hugged her Mr. Georgie closer to her.

"When is soon?"

Alexander rolled his eyes at her answer and ruffled her hair causing her to whine about it.

"Papa, stop!"

Alexander carried his daughter and kissed her forehead. "Want me to call your mother?"

"Can we?" Athena's eyes glimmered with joy as she look into his father's eyes. The man nodded lovingly.

"We can."

"No need!" Suddenly, her mother opened Alexander's door with a loud bang and she was grinning from ear to ear. "I'm already here!"

Athena smiled warmly. "Mama!"

"Hi pumpkin pie." She waltz towards the two with graceful steps and she kissed her husband on the lips and a peck on Athena's cheeks.

Alexander gave her an unamused look. "You really want to break my door, Layla?"

"I wanted to have a grand entrance!" Layla pouted. "But hey, if you want someone to break your door then I'm you lady!"

Alexander rolled his eyes again and Athena giggled.

"Besides, I brought food!"

Alexander noticed the bag her wife was holding and he smiled. "Time for lunch then."

"Yes, you need a break, hun." Layla looked at her daughter. "Right, flower?"

Athena nodded. "uh-huh!"

The three was happy that try get to eat as a family. Athena's happy that she stayed at her father's office. It was the right decision.