"I am glad aisha. Just be careful. I don't really like him and nor does anyone who knows you well"

"I know keeshu. I know. But I love you. And he is just a friend."

"He's already a friend? That was fast!" He scoffed.

I told him to drop the subject and went into the kitchen to prepare dinner for both of us. I knew vihaan doesn't affect me anymore so I didn't even bother thinking about what kabir said. I was a little annoyed with how Kabir was constantly nagging about vihaan when he said that it doesn't matter.

If it doesn't matter that he is there on sets, it shouldn't matter if we start over and become friends, right? Why should I unnecessarily have negative energy around me?

I made us spaghetti and when to to the couch where I saw an expressionless kabir's switch channels of the TV. I kept the plates on the table as I plopped my legs on his lap, and scooted near him. I kissed his cheek and offered him his plate. He took it with a pout and dug into food. I smiled at the 'baby' sitting next to me but he looked at me and stuck his tongue out.

........

The shoot was starting from today and Kabir was going to be busy with his practices too. The teams practices were taking place in Australia but my shoot was mostly in the waters around turkey. It was a cruise bound movie mostly. I felt happy and sad at the same time. Happy that this movie was going to be a fun set of events with people I was comfortable around and sad, because I was leaving Kabir for another 4 months.

FaceTime zindabad!!

I walked out of the bedroom where I saw Kabir, expressionless, and watching friends.

"Don't insult the iconic show by not laughing at its jokes" I teased.

He smiled a little and looked at me with light tears glistening in his eyes, " I just....don't want to let you go. And I know that I can't hold you back either."

"Keeshu. You knew this would happen at some point in our relationship naa? It wasn't always going to be a tropical holiday. We both have responsibilities towards ourselves and people around us. And if you behave like this, I won't be able to weigh the responsibilities on my shoulder. And nor would you. Hmm?" I smiled at him and saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"I just want to be able to hold you whenever I want. See you when I wish. Kiss you when I feel low. Be with you all the time. If that is being selfish then I want to be a little selfish for our sake Aishu. Because I don't get to do this often and I really really wish I could."

I hugged him and soothingly rubbed my hands on his back, "I know that kabir. I feel the same way too. Do you think it's easy for me? But I know that in the end, I am always going to be back for you, with you. And that gives me all the strength I need. So, make me your strength not weakness."

He placed his lips on mine and I responded immediately. It just conveyed all our emotions and we knew exactly how we felt. I smiled at him, told him that I loved him, pecked his lips one last time and left for the airport.

.......

I entered the plane and my seat was next to vihaan's. I saw him already seated. I smiled at him and said, " hey vihaan! Excited?"

"Of course I am! The shooting seems fun man."

We started talking about random things and after about one hour of randomness, he said, " I am glad you are okay with shooting with me after..you know? Me being an asshole to you."

"It's in the past. I have moved on so why keep the grudges anyway right?"

"Right. Kabir seems to be treating you well."

"He does. He really does. Makes me feel so loved."

He smiled lightly. I decided to watch a movie. Later the food arrived and after eating I slept. When I woke up, the flight was landing but, my head was on vihaan's shoulder. I gulped and straightened myself.

That's fine aisha. Friends do that. Totally fine. Don't panic.

I calmed myself down and the air hostess came to ask me to wake vihaan up for landing. His mouth was slightly open. I smiled at him

He still sleeps like that.

I woke him up but now, I needed to wake myself up from my thoughts too. I cannot still be thinking about my ex like this. As I said to everyone, it's all in the past. And it should remain so. It has to.

......