Sweet Coca-Lax

Look at me being a big girl and doing this without a reminder!

Downtown, the two friends - and Kent - are inside 'Pharmacy' having some Sundaes - the kid's way of 'seeing the sights'.

 Hogarth turned to (Name), pulling an annoyed face as Kent sat in between them, talking as he stirred his Sundae. (Name) clasped a hand over her mouth to keep her giggles in. Once she calmed down, she rolled her eyes as Hogarth began mocking Kent. Because of this, she caught sight of three packets next to her - all unused and one not where it should be.

She smirked as she turned back to Hogarth. He furrowed his eyebrows at her and she held the three packets up. He nodded slowly, not fully understanding her idea.

She rolled her eyes fondly once again as she slid him a normal one down. Kent watched it slide in front of him and Hogarth catch it, instantly sprinkling it on his Sundae. He turned to see (Name) doing the same.

''Uh, what are you kids up to?'' He asked curiously.

''Making a Landslide,'' (Name) told him nonchalantly.

''First, you take the Chocolate bar; any bar'll do,'' Hogarth told him as he did as (Name) had hinted and made himself a Landslide.

''Oh,'' (Name) said, pointing at Kent's bland Sundae. She holds the packet up, making sure Kent couldn't see the label, ''Do you mind if I. . .?''

''No, knock yourself out, girly,'' He told her. (Name) nodded, trying not to growl at one of the many nicknames he had given her, and pulled his Sundae in front of her. She crumbled up the Coca-Lax and poured it onto his Sundae - almost wishing it was rat poison.

''You crumble up the chocolate into little pieces,'' She explained, ''Then you kind of stir it into you'r cream.'' She stirred it with his spoon, ''See?'' She pushed it back in front of Kent.

''Yes. I see. What do you call this again?'' He asked, looking at his Sundae.

''Landslide, it's new,'' Hogarth said. They had only used this one other time on a Bully.

''Very new,'' (Name) nodded, sharing a glance with Hogarth as they both remembered what happened last time as they tried not to laugh. She dropped the Coca-Lax wrapper into the bin without Kent looking.

Kent took a bite of his Sundae, ''Mmm, Landslide. Top-notch, mhmm. But, um, why's it called a Landslide?''

''You'll see,'' (Name) muttered, Kent not hearing her.

''No idea,'' Hogarth shrugged, sending a sharp glance at (Name) as he had heard her. She sent him an innocent smile.

''You know, children, we live in a strange and wondrous time. The Atomic Age. But there's a dark side to progress, kiddo's. Ever heard of Sputnik?''

''Yeah, it's the first Satellite in Space,'' (Name) said, remembering how she had been fascinated when her parents had come home and told her all about it.

''Foreign Satellite, (Name),'' Kent corrected, ''And all that implies; even now, it orbits overhead.'' Kent scooped his spoon up, holding it above them as a demonstration. ''Boop! Boop! Boop! Watching us.'' He then leads the spoon into his mouth, like a mother would feed her baby, 'here comes the Satellite for the next stop!'.

''We can't see it, but it's there. Much like that Giant thing in the woods. We don't know what it is or what it can do. I don't feel safe, kids, do you?''

Hogarth gave him a puzzled look as he gently shook his head. ''What - are you - talking about?'' He said slowly.

''What am I talking about?'' Kent said, finally snapping and loosing his patience with the two. ''What am I talking about!''

His yelling caused everyone to turn and stare at Kent as he began to walk closer to the kids. (Name) had stood in front of Hogarth like she normally did with bullies, but this time she was backing up.

''I'm talking about High Security, Hogarth! While you've been snoozing in your widdle Jammies! Back in Washington, we're wide awake! And worried! Why? Because! Everyone wants what we have kids! Everyone! You think this Metal Man is fun! But who built it! The Russians? The Chinese? Martians? Canadians? I don't care! All I care about is we didn't build it! And that's big enough reason to assume the worst! And blow it to Kingdom come!''

Hogarth then reaches the wall, his head banging on the wall as he tried to back away. (Name) then bumps into him, her head banging on his chest. She glanced up at him, slightly scared. She didn't like being yelled at by Adults.

Hogarth gulped as he looked down at her before the two looked back at Kent, who stopped a meter or less away from them. Hogarth's hand found (Name)'s as their finger's intertwined, his other wrapped around her waist as he pulled her impossibly closer to her, sensing her fear.

Kent leans over them, keeping them from running. He pokes (Name)'s forehead harshly with every syllable. ''Now! You two are going to tell me about this thing! You are going to lead me to it! And we are going to destroy it! Before - it - destroys - us!''

Suddenly, Kent's stomach begins to gurgle, causing his glare to vanish and his eyes to widen. ''Just hold that thought and stay right there! Uh-oh!'' He rushed into the Bathroom, Hogarth half dragged, half carried (Name) out of the Pharmacy as soon as Kent left the room,