Running Into Wall's

Start from the beginning

Several events ran through my mind. True, Cinda knew that I was in the city but I never told her where I was staying. If I had London and his men would have been all over this place. Another thing was I couldn't refuse to not go along with Marcus. If I did and he is the one behind this thing's could go bad quickly. For now I will play along then skip out first chance I get.

" Yes, your right. We must make Cinda pay for her betrayal ". I agreed excitedly.

Minutes later we were in my new rental which just happened to be a white Escalade. Marcus instructed me to drive to the seedy part of town. As we cruised through the littered streets and spray painted buildings I was constantly thinking of my next step. Soon I pulled up to a small rundown building. The window were boarded up for the most part and it looked like it had been on fire once.

We got out and I followed Marcus to the back of the building where he led me to a boardless window. With his help, I hefted myself  up on the ledge and climbed in. Marcus followed in behind me As I looked around for any signs of a setup. "This way my treasure".

The floor was filled with broken glass, empty beer cans and dirty needles. It was obvious that junkies used this place as a crash house. I hated to think what type of germs my heels were coming  in contact with As we walked on. Marcus came to a stop in front of a freezer. I watched as he opened the door but all I could see was blackness. Using a lantern that was left behind by some homeless person or druggie, he lit it up. Dim, yellow light flooded into the steel box that was no longer in use. That's when I got my first glance of Cinda.

Marcus put to use the meat chains that were left behind. Find a was strung up like a pig and duct tape covered her mouth. Marcus begin to lower her and fear glistened in her eye's. "Here she is my treasure. She's all yours now".

Reaching over I ripped the tape from her mouth and received a scream from the pain. "So, you turned me over to my husband did you?" I clucked.

Shaking her head frantically she sobbed. "No. How could I when I never knew where you was. This is a lie, all of it". She begin to say but Marcus reapplied the tape.

"There's no need to go through all of this my treasure. Let's kill her then be gone before London catches up to us".

I found that funny so I pushed. "No. Let her speak, for they will be her last word's" .

Marcus took a deep breath trying to hide his annoyance but I had to know what Cinda would say. Eventually he ripped the tape from her mouth and I smiled in return showing how pleased that I was with him. "Speak Cinda and be quick. I have no time for a lingering sob story".

"This is all Marcus 's doing Laney. He never loved me, he just settled for me when it was clear that he could never have you. He hates London and would do anything to bring him down. Don't fall for this".

" it's all lies. " Marcus roared. "I never plotted against London. I loved and respected him up until I discovered that he wanted you dead. I couldn't allow that so I stepped in and saved you. Cinda has always been jealous of you and for no good reason. She wanted your title and your husband. Kill her Laney. Show her what a true Queen is".

Still nothing made sense. Who could I believe? Regardless if what Find a said is true she's just as guilty for helping Marcus out and filling my head with garbage. Then on the other hand if she is lying right now to save her own neck that still makes her guilty so either way she deserves to die. I extended my hand palm side up. Marcus understood and laid a knife in my hand and sealed the tape back over Cinda. "I'm very disappointed in you Cinda. I hired you many year's ago, considered you family and trusted you and this is how you thank me?"

Leaning down, I whispered in her ear so As Marcus couldn't hear me. "One of you is lying and I haven't figured out who just yet but either way you are guilty".

Placing a kiss to her temple, I drove the blade into her heart then quickly ran the cool steel across her throat leaving behind a gash. Looking down at her I showed no remorse as I watched her fight for the last seconds of her life. When her head fell limp Marcus begin to clapp. "That was wonderful my treasure. You amaze me".

Ignoring his praise, I tossed the knife at him and walked away. " Let's go". I demanded.

We drove into the night until we reached Philadelphia. There we found a clean hotel and I insisted on having separate room's. Of course Marcus questioned this so in my sweet way I explained. "Not until London is dead and I am free of him. I want to come to you clean and pure".

Smiling I could sense that he liked my answer. "And I can't wait until the day you are mine. Only mine. But I must ask... What about Demarco and the rest?"

And he just hit a nerve. "No one touches Demarco. Not one damn soul or they will deal with me. Understood?" I snarled harshly.

" Yes. I'm sure you can convince Demarco to come around".

"Go to your room now Marcus". I ordered.

And just like that he abided. This man was now under my control just as I wanted. With me calling th shots I could get to the bottom of this faster.

I may have been dethroned but I am and will always be a queen. No one can change that especially any man..... And I'm about to show them all that.

I laid my head on my pillow and for the first time in a long time I slept like a princess.