Too many chiefs

That night, the boys got into an argument over Aaron's vlog. I made peace by ordering pizza and letting Zak watch Bram Stoker's Dracula. They became kids when they were together. Seeing the beast-in-bed Zak one minute and then seeing this food-fighting two year old, was a big contrast. I was beholden in their company, these were great men, but I felt out of place like I wasn't suppose to be there. That sort of feeling tends to occur when an outsider joins a group of friends.

"-let's just share. Have a threesome" I walked in on Zak whispering to the others.

"Have I interrupted something?" I hoped that what I had heard, was my ears playing up. I'd made all three of them jump and spin around. "Shit me up, Georgia" Zak had his hand on his chest "I was just suggesting to these guys that we go three-way" he seemed settled with his plan.

"What?!" I made it clear, I was not happy.

"Oh shit. That sounded bad. I meant split the last pizza but Aaron won't share" his child-like charisma was warming but I prefered the other Zak. The look on my face was evident; I'd had enough. "Oooooo... I know that look" Nick bantered. If it wasn't for his response, Zak wouldn't have noticed at all. "Come on, Aaron. Let's give these two some privacy" perhaps Nick was slowly warming to the idea of Zak and I, he seemed less bothered.

Zak -

It was a rare feeling being in the company of those I love, all of them. Me and the guys hadn't had time like that together in years. Georgia hadn't spoken since they'd left and instead, was tidying up and fussing about the state of the room. "Sweetie, don't do that. That's what room service is for" she didn't respond. Her movement was sharp and exasperated. I walked up behind her and placed my hands on her wrists, the pulse from her body was raging through her skin. "Here, put this down" she dropped the pizza boxes "Come, breathe" I took a hold of her hand and walked her to the bed. A frown was printed on her face and she avoided eye contact; I needed to calm her down. I tried sitting her on the bed and holding her hand, still she refused to look at me. "Why won't you look at me? Have I pissed you off?" I willed her to speak. The frown began to loosen and her eyeline hightened but still avoided my eyes. "I... I don't think this is working" she spoke up. I knew what she was saying but I didn't want to acknowledge the meaning. "What? What's not working?"

"Us"

"What? I.. I think we're working. I think we're working perfectly well" I waited for a response but she continued to stare at her hands. "Georgia, please don't do this to me" reaching for her hand, I begged. Her head turned slightly as if she was disgusted. I couldn't see what she was seeing. Why did she want this to end? "Zak..." she finally looked me in the eyes, tears balanced on her lashes "... You can do better than me. You can have models, celeb girlfriends. Vegas girls!" one solitary tear ran down her cheek and to her lips.

"If I wanted Vegas girls, I would be in Vegas with fucking Vegas girls!" my voice raised. "Can't you see? I'm here! With my English Rose!" her eyes started to smile before she did. I rolled my thumb along her cheek, wiping the tears as I did so. "Why sprout a weed when you can flourish a rose garden?" the browns of her eyes glistened and her entire body relaxed.

"You big softy" she grinned. I felt my cheeks heat slightly and had to look away. I'd finally done it.

She stretched across to wrap her arms around me, her body was shivering in response. "Come on, my little flower. It's late" she rolled her clothes off of her back and inched her way between the bed sheets. I joined her. A bond between us was now stronger than ever and I wasn't going to allow the breaking to happen again. That's when it reminded me...

"Georgia?"

"Yes, Zak?" without the lights on, I could only guess her expressions.

"Who is Boop?" the silence between us verified her confusion.