Reality

Zak -

We had bonded before but this time it was like tying the knot. We felt as one. As our breathing slowly resumed to the regular rhythm, a sound woke me up from my trance. "Erm... Zak? This is Billy..." it was the walky-talky. I panicked. I began searching my jeans pockets. Georgia leant over to the other chair and luckily found it. "Yeah Billy what's up?" I tried to control my breathing. "We're getting a strange noise coming from the art room on Jay's boom mic. Maybe you should come check it out?"

"Yeah I'm on my way" I had seconds to re-dress myself and head down to base. Georgia was already dressed and was looking for my belt. "Where the fuck is it?" I was growing frustrated. "You threw it behi- Found it!" How Georgia could see in the dark was beyond me. We were too panicked to think over what had just happened. I grabbed my night vision camera and Georgia's hand and started running down to base. We couldn't see our hands in front of us. It was pitch black. We still managed to make it to base.

I flipped back the door to base which was being held together by a feeble zip. The first thing I noticed was the angered face of Nick as I stepped in. I noticed him glance down at my hand that I forgot was connected to Georgia's. "Hey Zak you've got to hear this! Oh dude... your flies low" Aaron pointed out. I quickly zipped it up and changed the subject. "So what you got guys? Show me!" I was truthfully excited to find out what the guys had discovered. Billy opened the file. "Oooo an EVP?" I asked.

"Yes well whilst some people were busy messing around..." Nick indirectly commented "...Aaron and I were investigating the lounge. I started off by asking if there was anybody with us and this came through..." Nick pointed at the computer screen as Billy played the evidence. An unexplained growl came through followed by a male voice saying "I've seen them. They're naughty" my eyes began to fill slightly and a shiver travelled up my back. The voice was so demonic, so dark. "Well what do you think it's referring to?" I asked intently. "Well we think its related to this..." Billy started playing the second EVP "It's a female moaning, or crying we don't know" he interrupted. "Sounds like she's having a good time if you ask me" Aaron started joking. "Aaron stop it!" I snarled. I seriously wasn't in the mood for his stupid behaviour. I began listening intently. I too could hear female moans. That's when it clicked. Fuck!

I looked over at Georgia and she was concentrating on the EVP. "And where was this captured Billy?"

"In the old art room on the boom mic" he replied.

"Wait, which room's that?" I grew concerned.

"The round room on the second floor. You know, the one with the high ceiling?" Billy looked at me as if I was being stupid or not spotting the obvious. "I think I'll get a specialist to verify it for us. I mean how clear is that? Her pitch goes high and then...Boom! Everything's quiet. That's spirit sex right there" He was fascinated by the discovery.

"Me and Nick got some awesome thermal as well" Aaron was pleased with his work. We were all too distracted to notice the time. "Right gang..." I started "Good job today. We've got some great evidence and-" I was interrupted

"Wait! Didn't you two get anything?" Nick asked smugly. He knew something was up. "Errr... yeah we heard a bang. Sounded like a door slamming. I dunno"

"You don't seem bothered. I mean, did you capture it? Here gimme your camera, I'll check" Nick reached out for my camera but I retaliated and hid it behind my back. "Zak, stop messing. I just wanna see what you got" I held the camera back further.

"Guys, it 6am. Stop fighting. Can't you do analysis when we're not all dog tired?" Georgia spoke up. I was glad. "Fine" Nick snapped.

Aaron started collecting the equipment whilst Georgia and I started heading back. "Hey Zak!" It was Nick

"Now what? You gonna start arguing with me?" I'd had enough by that time. "No I wanted to apologise for snapping earlier. Its just that I was tired and I didn't feel like you were cooperating was all" I could tell he was after my forgiveness and I was willing to give it him. "Its alright man. By the way, you did good tonight!" I smiled. " I know, you said." He paused for a second as he went to turn away. " I also know that we can debunk that female moaning. Can't we Zak?" I fucking knew he'd say something. He didn't give me chance to respond, he just walked away.