Nine

NINE

POV Lea

« Okay, then it's settled, thank you for responding to our email. We can't wait for your participation ! »

The high-pitched voice of the journalist makes me want to hang up right away but I force myself to respond with a kind tone, a grimace floating on my face.

« Yes, see you soon. Have a good day. »

As soon as the phone call is over, I throw my phone on my bed as a deep sigh escapes my lips, expressing my annoyance. I just had a conversation with the journalist who is gonna take care of my interview, to agree on the details, and I'm already tired just thinking about it. Luckily, we will talk through a Skype call so that I don't have to directly meet them. Skype call, which is planned for tomorrow afternoon when no one is gonna be home except me.

The perfect occasion.

Also, this journalist seems way too excited for a single interview. It's like she doesn't have anything else to care about. Seriously I don't think I will ever understand how anyone could want to work in a gossip magazine.

« Damn, this bitch better not start asking personal questions, » I murmur to myself, sitting at my desk.

My eyes fall on the stack of homework just waiting to be started, and I suddenly realize the number of tests I'm gonna have to go through the next weeks. I need to start focusing more on my school work and less on stupid issues.

It's the evening, almost the night, so it's with hurry that I start studying. Science, Spanish, History. All due for tomorrow. I study until I can't even read correctly anymore and once I'm finally done, it's the middle of the night. It's usually around that time Billie calls me, and I smile when, as expected, my phone starts ringing.

« Hey, » I say, answering right away.

« Ugh dude guess what ? » Billie immediately says when she hears my voice, and I can't help but wonder what it is this time.

« What shit happened to you, tell me ? Electricity problem during the show ? A fan throwing her underwear at you again ? »

« No, not this time even if that was hilarious as fuck ! No but like really, guess, » she insists, making me shrug.

Crazy shit always happen to her no matter in which country she is and I'm starting to wonder if she's not searching for it. Gotta say, her daily life isn't usual.

« Dude, I just spent hours studying I can't even think anymore, how do you want me to guess ! »

Billie chuckles, probably glad that she doesn't have to deal with school stuff.

« I fell on stage again, and I was like, okay no big deal but then my stupid ass couldn't get up. And now there I am, another fucking sprained ankle ! »

« Why does it sound like you're proud of it ?! Damn you jump around and shit but I swear one day it's gonna be more than a sprained ankle, » I declare, shaking my head with a mixture of worry and amusement.

By pure accident, I found a video of her performing during one of her shows on Youtube and even if I haven't told her, I think it's madness. She looks like she's on another world.

« I don't fucking care. I mean you can't understand but when I'm on stage, in front of this huge crowd, it's the best feeling in the whole world. All of these people are there to see me and I just gotta give them the best I have, » Billie explains, passionate.

« Yeah I saw that. »

There's a moment of silence and I wonder what she's thinking about, when suddenly I realize what I just told her.