New Life

Third Person POV

Everyone (Except (Y/n)) widened their eyes at the newly summoned shikigami in front of them.

"You're... The shikigami of Minamoto no Yorimitsu...." Yaobikuni said, unsure whether to finish her sentence but finished it anyway.

Hearing that name, the shikigami with 3 swords furrowed his eyebrows with gritted teeth.

"Are you with him?" He demanded while readying to unsheathe one of his swords.

"No don't worry, we're allies." Seimei persuaded while internally sweating.

"How can I believe you when this guy have Minamoto crest on his kimono." He grumbled, glaring at Hiromasa. Now he's ready to fight them. His fighting stance proved it.

"Please, at least listen to your new master." Kagura pleaded, worried about what's going to happen.

Still with a dangerous aura, the shikigami stood calmly then breathe in, looking at what he assumed his 'master'.

"You're my master..." He trailed.

"A-Ah..! My name is (Y/n). And your name...?" (Y/n) still shivered from the tension earlier, braving herself to speak.

"Onikiri." The shikigami, known as Onikiri, spoke with clearly no interest.

"W-Well then now, Onikiri. I don't know what happened in the past, but I hope I can make you forget your horrible past and make you feel better by sharing, working, and do anything else together. Not only me but also them." She smiled, unconsciously holding onto Onikiri's cold hands.

"I want you to have a new life. A good one at that. And with that, I promised myself to never let you feel sad. Let's share our joy and pain together. Let's cross this road together. I won't let you down, I promise. That's why... Please... Believe in us... Believe in me." (Y/n) pleaded, her eyes watery.

"You can't gain trust easily, when that person got betrayed so badly." Snatching his hands off his new master he stared down at her. Intimidating the poor onmyoji.

"But you're my master, I've no choice but to follow your orders." He stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

He suddenly kneeled down, his eyes facing the ground. (Y/n) felt bad that she's panicking.

"N-No! Please stand up, you don't have to do that." (Y/n) also kneeled down and looked into his golden(?) eyes. (Y/n) stared at it for a while until she realized.

"Please stand up." She stood up slowly while holding Onikiri's shoulders, telling him to follow her.

Looking the genuineness in his master's eyes, he almost let himself lower his guard. He hid it, but he felt like he could trust his new master with full hearted. His eyes unconsciously softened, liking his master's warm touch on both of his shoulders.

"Here. Let me show you your room." Seimei smiled, gesturing Onikiri to follow him.

(Y/n) noticed that she's still holding his shoulders, quickly let him go. Her face kinda red from embarrassment.

"(Y/n), follow me." With that, Seimei walked out the summoning room. Onikiri didn't move a bit until (Y/n) grabbed his hand, even though she's not used to hold a man's hand.

"Come on, Onikiri." (Y/n) smiled sweetly, almost made Onikiri fully trust her. Almost.

Onikiri just simply nodded. Leaving the summoning room with the Onmyoji's stare still lingered on his back.

"Well, well. That was close." Yaobikuni calmly joked.

"Sheesh... How can you still be joking after all of this?" Hiromasa sweatdropped, while Kagura released a sigh after gripping tightly on her umbrella.