Prologue

Alone

Yes, Alone

Alone in the forest, wandering around without any exact destination. Often stopping on villages, resting for a night before continuing to explore the forest.

That's her habit. Being an onmyoji and the Shikon Jewel Guardian is hard without a home to return. She doesn't remember anything in her past except for her name and her being the Shikon Jewel Guardian.

Third Person POV

The wind was blowing softly throughout the woods. The sound of bells jingling were heard from the sleeves of a maiden with (h/c) hair. Her hair swaying graciously in the air. Her shining (h/c) hair could catch anyone's attention. Her bangs covered her forehead nicely. (e/c) irises sparkling in the sunlight. The orange ray of sunshine lights up her tired face. The sun is setting.

"....." The young lady said nothing as she looked at the sky. Birds were seen flying from place to place.

"I should find a shelter." Muttered the female onmyoji while averting her gaze to the ground.

'I'm new to this place. But according to the villagers I visited, I would arrive in Kyoto in a few hours. But it's getting dark. I should continue walking while looking for a shelter.' Thought the onmyoji.

She continued to walk down the forest. Practically passing the similar looking trees over and over again. Until something caught her eyes.

An abandoned shrine.

It looked dull and mossy, the wood had rotten, an uncomfortable place to rest. But better than nothing. She carefully made her steps towards the shrine. The pillars were crumbling, but she's sure it will last for months so she's safe under the roof.

She leaned her bow on the nearest wall she's sitting.

Even though it looked like an original, simple bow, it's actually not. It didn't need any arrows for it can make its own arrow. (Kinda like Hakuro's) She took out her bamboo water canteen and drank some of it.

The sky is getting darker. She made a fire to keep herself warm. She cautiously looked down to see the Shikon Jewel that hung around her neck as a necklace. It was shining. She smiled before keeping it hidden under the collar of her kimono.

In the meantime, she closed her eyes to meditate. Something she would do when she had free time. It was now around midnight. She was getting sleepy, but she wouldn't go to sleep anytime soon. She had to look after the jewel after all.

The sound of rain falling down to the shrine's thin roof could be heard clearly. It started to pour. She's really grateful that she found a shelter. She almost closed her eyes because of the sleepiness and exhaustion seeping through, but an unfamiliar voice interrupted her.

"Excuse me?" A man with long white hair, slightly wet from the rain, called softly.

She looked up and smiled at the person. She also saw other people behind him. A girl, a woman, and another man. Not to mention a two tailed fox. The girl was closing her umbrella, the woman was caressing her black hair, while the man with the ponytail was trying to help the girl.

"Are you lost?" The guarding asked the man in blue. Her question made him confused-

"Just kidding, come in." She chuckled dryly, knowing she didn't have good humor. The man smiled and nodded his head after the confirmation, walking in with his companions. They all situated themselves in their own space, choosing a place to sit.