Chapter 2

Chapter Song: We Can't Stop— Miley Cyrus

Liam’s POV

“What’s wrong with her this time, Carlos?” I ask one of our regular customers, sighing to myself.             

“For once it wasn’t my own doing, but someone else’s. My back bumper is totally smashed. Some idiot hit me in the parking lot and sped off before I could read their license plate.” Carlos responds.

“Oh, man that sucks.”

“Tell me about it.”

“Well, normally I’d just order a new bumper, but I know your insurance won’t cover all of it. And looking at it now, it’s not too bad. Just a few minor scratches there, and a dent here. I can fix that, and just repaint it for you.”

“So what price am I looking at?”

“Well ordering a new part would easily hit $500. But since we’re not going that route, it should be in the $250 range. But like I said, insurance will cover some of it. Maybe $100 or $150. I’m not sure. We’ll have Michael check that for you.”

“Yeah, sure. While we’re at it, you mind checking the back wheel? I may have gotten a flat on the way over here.” Carlos says.

It’s all I can do not to roll my eyes. This guy should never be allowed to own a car. Almost every month (sometimes even twice a month) he comes in due to an accident or something he hit. Very rarely is it just an oil change, or any other regular maintenance thing. Absolutely ridiculous.

“Don’t worry, I do a full inspection every time you bring her in, and I can tell you now that the wheels are fine. But just out of curiosity, how the hell do these things manage to happen to you so frequently?”

“The universe made me drop dead gorgeous; being accident prone is the universe’s way of balancing me out.” Carlos responds.

“Right.” I say, because what else is there to say? Funny, that description is Harry all the way. “Sounds like something a friend of mine would say.”

“Well you should introduce us.”

“You wanna meet him?”

Him? You have male friends?” Carlos asks, voice full of shock.

“Yeah. Of course.”

“Oh. I just don’t see you hang around with guys, and you’re kind of a legend for picking up women so I just assumed you were trying to hook me up with one of your beautiful sluts.”

“It’s okay.”  I say, choosing to ignore the slut reference. It’s one of those words that get on my nerves, and it’s extremely disrespectful. You would think his mother would have taught him that. But maybe she did, and he chose not to listen. “You’ve only see me as a mechanic, not some social person. But Zayn over there is someone I consider a friend, and he’s a guy. Aren’t you Zayn?” I ask, raising my voice a little so he can hear me.

Zayn slides out  from under the car he was working on and gives me a sardonic smile.

“Nah bro. I’m all pussy over here.” Zayn says, sliding back under the car.

I shake my head, but fight a smile.

“Alright Carlos, have Michael give you the estimate for the bumper, and since its slow today, I can have it done by four.”