Twenty Five - "New beginnings, Lyds."

LOVERS - PART 2
IT: CHAPTER 2

LOVERS - PART 2IT: CHAPTER 2

"Lyds..."

"Did you ever remember why you have those scars on your body?"

"They were from my Aunt."

"Not all of them. Not the deepest ones." Mike's voice on the other end of the line crackled, "Like those claw marks on your stomach? Do you still have those?"

"Yes... They were the reason I couldn't have children. You're telling me they weren't my Aunt."

"No Lydia." The Hanlon man sighed, "You got those scars trying to save all of us, you got them from pennywise."

"That clown? I thought it was all just a dream."

"Pennywise wasn't a dream, he was a nightmare, and nightmares can be real too."

"Why are you bringing all of this up? What do you want Mike?" Lyds grit her teeth, her knuckles turned white as she gripped the telephone harder, much harder than before.

"I actually called for Eddie, I didn't think you guys were still together."

"Yeah we actually have a son now, Sebastian." The blonde woman smiled ever so fondly.

"Crap."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Who is it?" Eddie called out with a concerned look

"This is going to make it so much harder to tell you this."

"What? Just tell me what's going on Mike!"

"Put the phone on speaker. Eddie needs to hear this too."

"Please just tell me what's happening Mike." Lyds spoke after putting the phone on speaker

Eddie instantly fell silent and wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulder at the sound of his old friend's name.

"Eddie?" Mike asked

"Yeah, I'm here Mike."

"You guys... You need to come back to Derry."

"Why? Did something happen?"

"Yes... It's back."

"What is?" Eddie questioned

However whilst Eddie was clueless, his wife knew. She knew exactly what Mike meant and before Eddie could stop her she was stumbling back across the kitchen, gasping for breath and desperate to hold her son in her arms. To protect him from what she knew was coming.