10.

Pietro loves dressing like a pirate. He loves the fake sword. Maybe a little too much. Jack watches as Pietro and Thor mock a pirate duel, Pietro stood on the couch and bouncing a little with his faux lunges. Tony moves to Jack's side and leans closer to her. His pirate hat tilting slightly as he does.

"You can't take him anywhere" he teases, she leans into him and he kisses her head.

"It's nice" she offers. "Seeing him relax" Tony watches her face softly and raises an eyebrow. "You've both been so tense since I arrived"

"We've been worried about you" he counters brushing her hair back from her face, tucking it behind her ear.

"I know that" she looks to him. "And I am grateful that someone is looking out for me....but don't you think I worry about you too. Can't help it with this bloody soulmate bond stuff" he smirks a little as she gives him a look. "It's annoying" he shrugs a little wrapping his arm around her waist and pulls her closer to him.

"You love us already" he teases nuzzling into her cheek. "Admit it"

"No" she argues. "No" she pulls away. "Tony"

"I was joking" he points out. "But nice to know where your head is at" he mumbles taking a drink from his glass.

"This is confusing for me" she argues. "Darling, I am out of my depth...completely out of my depth" she admits, his eyes soften. "And out of my time....everything is confusing to me, you can't expect me to know how I feel about all of this....about this soulmate thing, about you" he strokes her cheek. "I just need some more time" she whispers sadly. "I know...it must suck for the both of you, I know...And I'm sorry"

"Hey, no" he argues a little. "It's fine" he strokes her side. "Whatever you decide....we'll be with you on it. Even if it means you want to go back" she looks to him sadly. "It'll suck, it will, but if that is what you want then.....we'd do anything for you, even...let you go" she nods a little and looks down. Pietro stumbles over the back of the couch with a scream, Tony leans up, ready to check on him. The other Avengers laugh a little as Thor cheers victorious.

"I'm fine" Pietro assures Tony as he pops back up onto his feet. "I'm totally fine" he takes a breath and looks to Jack who's smiling amused at him. He smiles back. He likes seeing her smiling. But he sees the sadness behind her eyes. He knows what it is like to be homesick, to feel hopeless. He looks to Tony, the two of them sharing a look. Tony raises his drink and sips from it whilst shrugging at Pietro. Time is running out for the three of them. Jack needs to make up her mind. Or this will torture them all forever.

..........

Jack lays awake as Tony and Pietro sleep either side of her. She has her compass clutched to her stomach. She can't keep being indecisive on this. She needs to make a choice. Stay here with them or find a way home. Tony lets out a breath against her neck and she closes her eyes. She needs to choose her future.

.............

Jack sits on the end of her bed, her compass held in her hands, not open just....resting there. She thinks it's going to be the easiest way to decide what is best for her. The compass will show what she truly wants. She takes a deep breath, her thumbs drawing over the engravings on the top. She opens it and watches as it spins madly. Her eyes trying to follow it. It settles. She takes a shaky breath. Pietro knocks on the door before letting himself in, Jack looks up from the compass and to him. He smiles at her.

"We thought we could take a drive," Pietro tells her warmly. "To the beach, you want to come?" she nods a little and closes her compass.

"Aye" she answers, he smirks a little.

"Was wondering where she had gone" he teases moving towards her. "The pirate in you has seemed to be slipping a bit" her features turned pained. "No, that's..." he stumbles. "I didn't want to upset you"

"You didn't" she whispers. "You just reminded me that...I'm changing. That everything is changing" he looks to her hand.

"What's that?" he asks motioning to her compass.

"My compass" she answers setting it in his palm. He opens it up and shakes it a little. "My compass...is unique."

"'Unique' here having the meaning of 'broken'." he teases slightly, she shakes her head watching the arrow spinning.

"Unique meaning that it points to what you want most" she corrects and then watches as the arrow stops, pointing towards her, Pietro lifts his eyes to meet hers.

"How about that" he whispers softly, she closes the compass and takes it back from him, he steps closer to her, breath tickling her cheek. She turns her head to meet his, lips only just ghosting against one another. "We should get going" Pietro whispers but doesn't move away from her, she searches his eyes before she kisses him. Pietro closes his eyes and kisses her back.

"You're having a party without me" Tony teases from the doorway, causing the two of them to pull back. "I was wondering what was taking so long, now I see" Pietro smirks a little. "Where's mine?" Tony asks puckering his lips, Jack rolls her eyes and kisses him, Tony's hand finds her waist to hold her closer to him. "Mmm better" he pulls back and then shakes his car keys at them. "Before we lose daylight" he teases smacking Pietro's backside as he passes him. Jack takes Pietro's hand and they leave together, following after Tony.

.................

Jack stands on the beach, Pietro's arm around her waist as they look out over the sea. It's so peaceful. Pietro can see why she loves it so much. Tony approaches them with a smile. Happy to see his two soulmates together. Pietro smiles back at him, Tony winks to him before taking his side at Jack, his fingers lacing with hers. He takes a deep breath of the sea air and then looks at her.

"What's wrong?" Tony asks noting her expression.

"I've made up my mind" she answers. She takes a deep breath and nods. Pietro's hand warm and comforting on her back. She takes a breath away as she takes a step from them and then turns to face them as she tucks her hands into her pockets. "I've decided to....."