Chapter 6

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor." The day of the Council was very much started under stress, knowing that they were summoned because of the rising darkness. Frodo was the one victim in this, and I won't let him suffer anymore. If he has to weld this burden then I will too, for the darkness of Mordor wants me as much as it wants the one ring.

I walked next to Aragorn, who had given me a small smile, Legolas nodded at me upon my arrival and Gimli winked at me from his seat as I smile at the guests, I didn't know they were coming here. "Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom." The Lord looked at the hobbit, motioning him to the pedestal in front of everyone. "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

Frodo looked at me, unsure if to do so. I nodded and he raised himself from his chair and, slowly but surely, put the Ring on a stand for all to see. The guests gasped at the realization of what was in front of them. "So it is true..." I heard the man from last night say, unexpectedly, the ring started to whisper, making my view fuzzy.

(Y/N)...

Suddenly, the blond stood up and walked towards the ring. "In a dream, I saw the Eastern sky grow dark... But in the West, a pale light lingered. A voice was crying 'The doom is near at hand, Isildur's Bane is found'." Gandalf, Elrond and I looked at each other before glancing back at him, reaching for the ring. "Isildur's Bane..."

"Boromir!"

"Ash nazg durbatulûk!" Gandalf starts, and another voice accompanies him, making me kneel in pain. The light darkens along with Gandalf's aura. "Ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk!" I screamed and the dark voice laughs as my magic destroyed the flora around us. "Agh burzum-ishi krimpatul!" The light came back, and as I opened my eyes, all the guests were all staring at me as Aragorn held me, it was all withered and it was my fault.

Elrond looked at me in concern before turning to Gandalf. "Never before has anyone dared utter words of that tongue here, in Imladris." The wizard is troubled but did not take remorse for showing everyone in the council the dark powers of the ring. "I do not ask for pardon, Master Elrond, Lady (Y/N). For the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is altogether evil."

"But it is a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe! Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy! Let us use it against him!" Aragorn turned to him as he helped me to stand. "You cannot wield it. None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."

Boromir turned to Aragorn with a bitter look. "And what would a Ranger know of this matter?" Legolas rises from his chair to defend Aragorn. "This is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance." Alas, the blond didn't seem happy to know that. "Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor." Continues Legolas, but Aragorn only motioned the elf to sit down. "Havo dad, Legolas." An uncomfortable silence emerged, and Boromir looked at Legolas. "Gondor has no King." Then his stare goes back to Aragorn. "Gondor needs no King." Boromir sat back on his chair, giving Aragorn a hateful look.

"Aragorn is right. We cannot use it." Gandalf exclaimed out and Elrond stood back up. "You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed." Everyone stared at the ring for some time, until Gimli spoke up. "Then what are we waiting for?" He roared and struck the Ring with his axe, the axe broke, leaving the Ring perfectly intact.

"The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Glóin, by any craft that we here possess. The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came! One of you... Must do this." The silence was... Terrifying to say the least. I cannot believe this.