Chapter Ten

A/N: Hey guys, I'm really sorry for the long wait, but there was a lot of stuff going on recently. But I have all of the chapters for this story ready, so they'll be up and ready to go from here on out. Always awesome to hear back from you guys! So here's the next chapter, lots more action in this one, so it should be interesting to hear back from you about how I did! Anyways, let me know what you think :)

!#$%^

I made sure to take my own sweet time on the walk back to my room, busy thinking of everything we had talked about.

I had really hoped that Loki would be able to change his mind; that he would come to his senses before it was too late. But when was it going to be too late? It had been several days now, and he still had no plan of escape. I feared that it would be soon that he would put his plan in motion, and when he did that, there would be no hope left for him.

And what was he talking about when he said I could be his Queen? He was nuts! How could he expect that I would just turn against my own kind, my friends and my family, just because I felt a little something for him?

But then again, wasn't I asking the same thing of him? To switch sides? It must seem as impossible for him to do as it did for me.

I sighed, and walked back to my room, getting a little tired. My nightmare had taken a lot out of me, and I so I decided to just go back to sleep. Something told me I may need the rest.

I was woken up the next morning by the obnoxious chirping of my alarm clock, and I practically smashed it in my attempt to make it stop screaming at me.

I groaned, and stretched out my limbs. I reluctantly got up and dressed in my usual skinny jeans and t-shirt, putting my gun in my holster. It was strange how my gun simply seemed to be a part of me now, like a third arm or leg. I haven't had the chance to use it much, but carrying its weight around all day every day has kind of gotten me attached to it.

Heading out of my room and to the lab, I took out my phone and began playing a game on it. I was almost to the lab when I could hear Steve yelling. I knew that Tony and Steve didn't get along very well, so it wasn't a surprise to see the fighting begin this early in the morning.

I walked into the lab, and everyone turned to face me. Steve looked really angry, Tony was simply amused, and Bruce looked like he was trying to hide in an invisible shell.

"Hey guys. What's up?" I asked. Tony rolled his eyes at Steve, and walked over to my side.

"The usual," He said. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes, and I shoved Tony playfully.

"And the usual involves yelling at each other?"

Tony smirked, and walked back over to Bruce's side.

"Well, Bruce and I both agree that Fury is hiding something pretty big, but Mr. Patriot over there is having a hard time believing it," He summed it up.

I raised my eyebrows at Tony, but turned to look at Steve.

"Steve?" I asked gently. He turned around to face me, his face red with anger.

"What do you know about this? You've been living with S.H.I.E.L.D. ever since you were a little girl. You must have something to share," He said.

I sighed, and thought about all of the locked doors I had seen while I was lost.

"Well, back at the old base, I knew everything that they tried to hide. But that was then, and this is now. There are two things I know for certain. One is that every S.H.I.E.L.D. base has its secrets, and since this is the headquarters, I wouldn't be surprised if they were hiding something bigger than all of the other base's secrets put together. Second, to prove that they have secrets, I came across some locked doors while I was wandering around the other day. They were somewhere in the East Wing, and they looked pretty important," I said.