"You caught me," I said, leaning back into my seat, which was looking more and more comfortable by the second. I groaned, and shook my head, trying to rid myself of my sleepiness. I got up, leaving Loki in the back and headed towards the front, where everyone else was still sitting.

"What'd I miss?" I asked, my voice a little slurred. Tony took one look at me and sat me down in the seat next to him. My eyelids drooped, and my head rested against the cold metal of Tony's suit. Normally it would have been too hard of a surface for me to rest my head on, but this time I was so tired that I didn't care what it was.

My eyes connected with Loki's for a brief second before I drifted off into a deep sleep.

!#$%^

I was shaken awake only an hour later by Tony, who told me that we were at S.H.I.E.L.D.'s home base, and that I should head off to bed. I sighed, and stretched out my arms. I was about to take his advice, but then saw Loki being led away by a dozen soldiers, Fury at the front.

I hopped out of my seat, and began walking with them to wherever they were taking him. I was wide awake now, energized by the small nap I had taken on the plane. They seemed to walk down many hallways that I had never been to, but somehow I managed to remember the way. I figured that this place would be important to be able to get to, what with Loki being there.

Once we got to the room, my eyes widened at the sight of the cell he was being put into. It was the size of a small room, and thick glass locked Loki inside. Fury motioned for the other soldiers to leave, but didn't say anything to me, so I assumed it meant that I could stay. Fury began speaking to Loki.

"In case it's unclear: if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass…." He pressed a number of buttons, and the floor below the cage opened up. The wind whipped through my hair, and it was hard to hear anything over the sounds of the wind.

"30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap," Fury said as he closed the door beneath the cell.

"You get how that works?"

"Ant," He pointed to Loki. "Boot." He pointed back to the controls. I walked over to his side to get a better look at Loki, who was smiling by now.

"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me," He pointed out. I nodded, knowing that he was right. But who was it for?

"It was built for something much stronger than you." Fury said.

Oh

It suddenly came back to me, just who else was in our group. I had never thought of Bruce as the Hulk, as to me he was just Tony's nerdy scientist friend. We weren't that close, but we liked each other, and talked sometimes.

But this cage must have been made for him if he ever turned into the Hulk.

"Oh, I've heard. A mindless beast who makes play he's still a man," He started, staring into the security camera outside of his cell. I knew that the others were watching him, and Loki knew it too.

"How desperate are you? That you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" He asked. Wait a minute, I wasn't lost! How was I lost? I was just a normal girl! Well, as normal as a girl could get while living with S.H.I.E.L.D. for her whole life. And as normal as I could get with Hawkeye being my brother.

Oh, yeah.

I guess I was kind of lost, wasn't I?

"How desperate am I?"

Fury walked closer to Loki, as close as he could with the glass being in the way.

"You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill people because it's fun." He glared at Loki.

Complicated -- An Avengers Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें