14. Trouble Awaits

Reigna was never one to believe in the honeymoon phase, you know, the beginning of a relationship where all you want to is be with your significant other. Granted, she has never been a relationship with someone like Steve. Sure, she had her share of relationships but they were all fours compared to him, a ten.

Minutes of kissing and touching turned to endless hours, then into days. Three weeks later and it felt as if it had only been the first three days. However, the little safe haven they found in each other's arm is always short lived by the shadow of danger that lurks over the world.

In this particular morning, Reigna groaned when she felt the sun rays shine on her face. The one downside of not sleeping in her bed. Steve always had the curtains open and allowed, the fact that Reigna isn't exactly a morning person doesn't help the situation. However, when her hands move from rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes to her middle, a smile forms on her lips when she feels the warmth of his skin. The sleepiness that still consumes her body slowly fades as she runs her fingers over the length of his forearm.

"Good morning," Reigna is startled by the sound of his raspy voice. She shifts her body to face him and softly smiles.

"Morning," she says quietly. Her hand begins to reach up to run through his hair but she retracts it when a knock is heard at the door.

Steve's is about to ask who it is but gets cut off when Tony just walks in. "Mr. Rogers. Mrs. Rogers," Tony says and cackles at the unamused looks on their faces. He's wearing a fitted black sweatshirt, with dark blue jeans.

"Are you ever not a jackass?" Reigna retorts as she gets up from her spot on the bed and makes her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Tony's hand taps on his cheek, head tilted as if he's thinking. "No, I like to think it makes me unique." Reigna looks over at him with raised eyebrows and toothpaste foamed in her mouth. She spits out the toothpaste on the sink and rinses her mouth.

"No. It makes you a jackass." She says after she wipes her mouth. She feels a small victory smile curve onto her lips when she hears a chuckle emit from Steve's lips. "Why did you come here anyway?"

Tony points a finger in Reigna's direction. "Your mom is here, she's waiting for you in the lobby."

It's all Reigna needs to hear before she pulls her hair up into a messy bun and sprints out of the door. Steve chuckles when he sees her frame hop out of the room, more than likely forgetting about his presence. She sprinted only a few steps before she remembered she didn't say anything to Steve. With a mental facepalm, Reigna does a quick 180 and sprints back into the room, successfully startling a changing Steve.

"I forgot to," she starts, finger held up as she takes quick and long steps towards him. Reigna stands in front of him with a smile that signals pure bliss before she stands on her tippy toes to place a chaste kiss on his lips. "say see you later." She finishes, giving him another quick peck before she heads back out. With her hand on the doorknob, she turns to look back at it.

"I'm off to Mordor, Captain." With that she closes the door and leaves Steve to laugh, head shaking at how she always has a Lord of the Rings reference.

Reigna reaches the elevator and is about to press the button that will take her to the main level but a quick glance at her out of bed attire makes her change her mind. The bobbing of the pink bunny ears probably isn't the best way just flaunt around the compound. She presses the button for the floor below the one she's currently on and after the elevator doors close, she quickly reaches the stop and rushes to her room.

Reigna manages to get changed in under what she assumed was five minutes. A black spaghetti strap blouse, light wash high waisted jeans, and black Chelsea boots. With the help of her heavenly gift that gives her speed, she was able to reach the lobby in good time.

"Mom!" She says excitedly, running over to where her mother sat giving a thankful smile at one of the front desk guards that brought her a glass of water.

"Reigna," Diana's accent pours throughout the mention of her daughter's name. She stands up and takes her daughter in a tight embrace.

Once they pull away, they begin to walk towards the elevator alongside each other. "I didn't want to show up too suddenly, but I have to talk to you and Fury about something." Reigna's eyebrows knit together in both confusion and worry. She presses the up button when they reach the elevator doors.

"What is it?" Reigna questions as they walk into the elevator. Diana's gaze shift from the elevator doors down to her daughter.

"No, no. Not here." The ding indicates they reached their designated floor. They walk out once the steel doors open. A small smile falls on her mother's lips when she sees Fury standing on the other side. "Fury. Nice to see you again." Diana greets him warmly.

"It's always a pleasure to see you, Diana." He nods towards her, a little startled when she hugs him instead of shaking his hand. He leads them towards his office, away from any intruding ears and eyes. "What is this problem you wanted to talk about?" He asks pulling his chair forward.

Both Reigna and Diana take a seat in front of his wooden desk. Reigna gulps audibly as she turns to look between Fury and her mother. If Nick didn't even know, then it has to be something important.

Diana stops herself from picking at the edges of her nails. "I fear something... someone is trying to hurt you, Reigna.