Chapter 1

With his toes in the warm sand and the heat from the sun hitting against his bare white skin, he was enjoying himself. This was home. He set out for a known goal: Reach the waves. Once reminded that mom surfed here before her death approached. From big waves to the small waves, it was all surf, surf, surf, and surf. He was told that he was born and raised here on the sand. Mom had been feeling contractions within the nine month span. She watched the waves and gave birth to him on this very land. Now he was watching what his mother saw before her last breath and that was the waves. They looked about a good size to be surfing. His gray eyes focused, never once taking his mind off of them. He grabbed his surfboard, just like every known surfer knows how to do. He gets ready to swim to the waves on the board. He was nearly there, then all of a sudden he got to feet, remembering mom had taught him to keep his balance when surfing He let out a proud, pearl white smile, proud of what his mother taught him, but here comes the difficult part. Learning how to turn the surfboard was a struggle back then and now here. He could practically hear his mom shouting at him "Robin Javaughn, turn the board!" The sense of mom watching him made him overwhelmed as the waves seemed to be enraged, unexpectedly taking him under. He was always a great swimmer, but the waves continued to pull him down underneath him. He tried to scream for help, but his throat was moist yet it was dry from the saltwater clogging his lungs. He was utterly hopeless as he slowly sank to the bottom of the ocean.