Kimi froze, a loose grip on the door of his locker.

“Stop. You don’t know what that had happened,” Rin warned and stared at Raja. “I know a distant relative, a man, who faints at the sight of just a drop of blood.” He glared at the boy who made the statement. “Watch your mouth.”

Raja grinned as the boy froze. “Yeah.” He patted the boy on his shoulder. “Watch your mouth because what I actually fucking heard was that the boy got to meet our upperclassman’s hot mother,” he voiced and was rewarded with an icy gaze from Rin.

They never understand, except you, Kimi thought with a sigh as he put his books in his bag but they slipped out of his hands. “And then there’s my freaking curse,” he grunted in frustration as he crouched to pick his books and bag.

The hallway slowly emptied as students rushed to their various classes, leaving Kimi alone to struggle with his stuck zip.

“Shit,” he growled as the zip’s slide broke. He brought it to his face and grumbled, “why does the freaking universe hate me?”

A sudden light tap echoed through the hallway and Kimi twitched, his bag dropping to the floor again.

“That sound better be freaking worth—”

It sounded again, then it was followed by series of whirrs and a snap. Kimi held his breath and his legs slowly quivered as the tapping became louder and closer. The closer the sound got, the louder his heart thumped and thundered against his eardrums. He held a bated breath as the noise rivalled the thundering of his heart. He—

“Raja you need to stop spinning that toy of yours before you injure me,” came the plain voice of Rin.

“Deuce,” Raja moaned as he twirled the string of the yo-yo around his finger. “You better be right about this. Otherwise—” He stopped as he noticed a statuesque Kimi. “Oh hey. It’s Clover’s favourite subject to gossip about.” He nudged Rin. “It’s ‘zombie b—”

“If you complete that sentence I will cut off your dick and eat it,” Rin muttered with a blank face.

Raja’s eyes widened, and his olive skin flushed. “Are you serious?”

“Yes.”

Kimi shook his head, his fear dispersing, and picked his bag, held it to his chest and turned to leave.

The speakers suddenly crackled and Kimi groaned. It screeched a little before it became clear. Shuffling was heard from the speakers before Jianbing’s voice blasted out of them.

“A-All students are e... expected to converge at the hall. E-Everyone is expected to be there in f-five minutes. Thank you.”

Kimi clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“That was strange,” Raja drawled as he shoved his yo-yo into his pocket. “Race you to the hall?”

Rin blinked. “No.”

Raja’s shoulders slumped but he jerked as Kimi marched past them, sparing him a murderous look. Rin just had the faintest smirk on his face and followed Raja’s gaze that was fixated on Kimi’s figure.