Dae-yang wheezed and nodded in understanding. “I... I-I’ll just leave you alone.” She turned to leave, her shoulders slumped. “Bye.”

When she pulled open the door,  she came face to face with Duan’s distressed face. She stared at him with wide, confused eyes.

“Oh. Hey,” Duan greeted, avoiding Dae-yang’s gaze and fixed his gaze on the wall beside her head.

Dae-yang nodded in response and walked out, leaving the door open for Duan. Duan peeped into the room to see Kimi staring angrily at his vibrating hands; he gulped and tried to calm himself.

“Bold,” he encouraged as he walked into the room and shut the door. “Bold.” He avoided Kimi’s raging expression and placed his forehead on the door. “Be bol—”

“Fuck you!”

Duan jerked and turned around in fear. “Why?”

“Because you’re fucking annoying, irritating, you piss me off and if you want to comfort me you can go fuck yourself because I’m mad!” His head started pounding because of his yelling, and he moaned in anguish and massaged his temples with the tips of his fingers.

Duan rushed to his side. “Careful.” He sat in the seat Kara had been sitting in. “Calm down.”

Kimi glared at him and locked his jaw. “Thanks for the fucking comfort.” He laid back. “You can leave.”

Duan sighed and stood. “Kim... Kimi this... what that happened... it...” He sighed. “Have you forgiven me?”

“I’ll forgive you if you freaking stop bothering my life,” he drawled tiredly. He scratched the back of his hand with glazed over eyes.

Duan nodded slowly and peered at his leather-banded watch. He frowned when the watch suddenly stopped walking. When he checked to see what had made it abruptly seize up, he found nothing. Strange, hadn’t he just purchased it the previous day? He shook his head in confusion.

“Aren’t you leaving already?” Kimi droned as he laid his head on the pillow.

“If you want me—”

Duan turned as Kara walked into the room, a frown on her face.

Kara stopped walking when she noticed Duan. “What are you doing here?” she asked sharply, her voice quiet.

“Oh. I uh... came here to see if Kimi is doing fine.” He rubbed his neck and blushed faintly. “He’s... better.”

“Wrong choice of words Duan.” She noticed her son glaring at the back of Duan’s head. “You better go before he eye-fries you into a shish kebab,” she said with a raised brow.

Duan jumped away from the bed and scratched his head, peered over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of Kimi’s gloomy expression and jerked at its intensity. “I-I better leave.” He looked at Kara. “Yeah.” He rushed out of the room, leaving Kara with nothing but a sigh and a shake of her head.

Just as she turned to ask Kimi if he needed anything, he was already dozing off, his eyelashes fluttering lightly.

She smiled weakly, pain in her eyes. “What will I do without you?” she whispered, her voice choked with pain. “Absolutely nothing.”

*

“Hey, d’you guys hear about the person that was killed at the supermarket?” a boy questioned as he moved closer to Raja and nudged him. “I heard that a boy who had seen the corpse was screaming like mad and he vomited and suddenly fainted.” He shuddered. “What a girl.”