Large bookcase

A few days had passed and Bucky woke up curled under the covers. Looking around, he realised that Tony wasn't there. A little weird, since Tony never usualky got up before Bucky woke up, even if Tony himself wasn't asleep. It didn't bother him that much though. He hopped out of bed and put on some clothes (including a shirt). Bucky poked his head into the lab to see what Tony was doing, surprised to find he wasn't in there.

Tony was actually working for once. Everyone was asking where they had been- which wasn't a surprise since they were gone for three months and as far as they knew only Tony was back- so it needed to be addressed in a press conference.

Peter was reading on the couch, concerned by the slightly worried look on Bucky's face.

As far as Bucky could tell, the lab was basically Tony's home, so that was even weirder. Naturally, he was starting to get worried- where the fuck was Tony? Was he hurt?

It worried Peter even more when Bucky started looking everywhere for somerhimg, looking more concerned and scared everytime he passed Peter.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." Bucky answered, still looking.
"Do you need help finding something?"
"U-Uh...yeah.."
"What is it?"
"Tony.."
"FRIDAY?"
"Yes, Peter?"
"Where's dad?"
"Mr Barnes is right in front of you, Peter."
"No- FRIDAY... other dad.."
"Ah. Mr Barnes is currently in his private library."
"Okay, thanks."
"You're welcome, Peter."

Then Peter reembered he actualky had no idea where the private library was. Since when did he have a library?
"Do you know where that is..?"
"It's on the top floor of Stark Tower, behind the large bookcase."
"Pfft typical dad and his secret rooms."

Bucky ran up to the top floor, not even using the elavtor (which may or may not have been because he couldn't remember how). Peter following, he wanted to see a secret library!

"Found it!" Bucky called to Peter when he had found the bookcase.
"Now we gotta open it." Peter began pulling out books, trying to find the one that opened the bookcase.
"Can't... we ask the woman on the ceiling?"
"Nah, I wanna do this myself, it's fun. FRIDAY, can I call you ceiling woman now?"
"Whatever you want, Peter."
"Thanks ceiling woman!"
"You're welocme, Peter."

"Please be the secret door, please be the secret door.... Yay!" The bookcase opened to the private library, it was surprisingly tidy, but also gave off a feeling of being well used. Maybe Tony liked reading a lot more than Peter thought. Although it wasn't quiet like normal libraries, which was probably because Tony was always playing music and would never stop. He didn't actually mind it, though. After the 3 months, he had began to hate silence. It wasn't that big of an issue, because of his enchanted hearing it was never that quiet, but when it was... it reminded him of the sensory deprivation. Either way, Peter knew he would be in here again. Since he wasn't allowed outside, Peter had been reading a lot more. He was running out of books, but now that he knew this was here it wouldn't matter. Bucky silently rejoiced. Peter ran in excitedly, Bucky following.

Clearly, Tony hadn't noticed them entering. He continued planning the press conference.

"T-Tony?"
"Oh, hi." Tony said, looking up at the two of them. "How'd you get in here?"
"U-Uh.. the bookcase..?"
"Yeah, but like how'd you know about the bookcase?"
"I asked ceiling woman." Peter was still looking around the library, "Also it's very rude to keep this from us when this is my only source of entertainment."
Tony shrugged, "It's my library. Why're you here anyway?"
"Dad was looking for you."
"U-uh... yeah..."

Bucky said, blushing slightly and shifting on his feet awkwardy, not knowing what to do now that he was in the proper conversation.

"Did you need something?"
"N-no... I was just... w-worried about y-you..."
"Okay."

'Oh shit he's giving me the "alright what the fuck?" Look oh no oh god' Bucky thought, sort of side-stepping out of the library.

"You okay?" Tony wondered what stupid thing he had done this time to worry Bucky.
"Yeah.... I'm good..." Bucky was starting to panic, side- stepping faster.

'OH FUCK OH FUCK HE'S ON TO ME OH SHIT WELL DONE YOU IDIOT YOU GOT YOURSELF CAUGHT!!'

"Talk to me, what's wrong?" Tony asked softly, internally screaming at himself for not being more careful.
"I... u-uh..."
Peter looked up from the book he was reading, You guys good?"
"Uh yeah I'm fine!!" Bucky said in the most hugh pitched voice in the history of high pitched voices, killing Tony's ears and making Peter go deaf for a couple of seconds.
"TONYYOUFUCKINGIDIOTOHMYGOD!"
"You said that out loud." Peter was done with his dads destroying his poor ears at this point. It wasn't the first time.
"I'm an idiot."
"I d-don't think y-you're an i-idiot..." Bucky mumbled, halfway out the door.
"Aw!" Tony smiled.

Bucky bolted out of the room, Peter and Tony were both confused. "What just happened?"
Tony ran after him, "I don't know but I'm going to find out!"
Bucky swung into the vents, almost hitting Tony.

"Jesus.. Pete can you get into the vent?"
"I dunno." Peter said, not looking up from his book.
"Peter?"
"Yeah dad?"
"Can you get in the vents?"
"Yeah.."
"Are you listening to me?"
"Uh-huh..."
"Peter Barnes put the book down!"

Bucky was sat in the vent, silently panicking and thinking Tony didn't even like him.

Peter looked annoyed as he closed his book 'oh my god let me read!'

"What's wrong?"
"Can you get in the vents?"
"Obviously, why?"
"Can you check on your father?"
"He's in the vents?!"
"Yeah.."
"Awesome!" Peter swung up into the vents, Tony rolled his eyes. "Hey.." Despite his efforts to speak softly and quietly to not startle Bucky, Peter still made him jump.

"Oh, h-hey.."
"Are you alright?" Peter sat beside him in the vent, definitely not the most comfortable place he had been, but also nowhwere near the worst.
Bucky paused before nodding, "Y-Yeah..."
"You sure? You seemed quite panicky back there.."
"It's just... I don't realy know... how to, uh.. talk... to people.."
Peter nodded in understanding, "That's okay, a lot of people don't. It may not seem like it, but even dad has trouble talking to people. He's just... better at hiding it, I guess."
"R-Really..?"
"Yeah."
"Okay.." Bucky smiled a little, and Peter smiled reassuringly in return.

'OKAY SO THAT HAPPENED BUT LIKE WHAT IF TONY LIKE STILL DOESN'T LIKE ME LIKE AT ALL??!!WHAT IF HE GIVES ME BACK TO STEVE I MEAN LIKE HE'S NICE BUT I LIKE TONY TOO???!!!'

"He likes you."
"W-What..?"
"Sorry... I just could tell you were thinking he didn't.." Peter internally cursed himself for being so stupid, wow, he was so good at comforting people!
"N-No it's okay... but... how can you be so sure that he does...?"
Peter knew just saying that they were married wouldn't really help much. "Well... his walls aren't up."
"Walls?"
"Emotional barriers... he only shows his true emotions to the people he trusts and feels safe around. The people he cares about and likes. You're one of them."
"Really? That's.... that's great."

Bucky's eyes filled up with love and hope at Peter's words, and he properly smiled for the first time in a while. Peter smiled too, it was so easy for him and Tony to tell when a smile was genuine or not, and Peter knew that his dad was genuinely smiling.
"Yep!"
Bucky pulled Peter into a hug, which he instantly returned. The two sat in the vent for a while, Bucky not quite wanting to leave yet, and they talked about random weird things that ended up making them both laugh like crazy people.