The transfer distance was very short, the target coordinate was less than half of the standard sailing day. It was all over within almost a blink of an eye.

Those thick and dangerous planetesimals suddenly disappeared. Repulsed by the large magnetic field at the transfer point, a vacuum zone with a diameter of about ten kilometers was formed here, like a peaceful eye of a typhoon.

Mech Beijing finally shut its mouth, only the echoes of those screams that made people's ears ache were still left. Zhanlu said: "Transfer is a success."

Jingheng put mech Beijing on the orbit where the transfer point was located, remaining relatively stationary, flying into the field of this strange transfer point.

"Reading the transfer point code. The number is ...," Zhanlu paused strangely, "A word?"

"What?"

"The code of this transfer point is 'surprise'."

An illegal code.

Among the IU's transfer network, every transfer point had its own code, formed by six letters and three numbers. The code contained information like the construction time, location, civil use, maximum carrying capacity and carrying distance of a transfer point. There was a set of fixed rule of naming. Usually, even those fringe people would follow this rule when they set a private point, except that a "*" would be added at the end of it.

As a transfer point located in an asteroid belt, considering either its rationality or its code, its existence was like a joke,

The corners of Jingheng Lin's eye bent a little bit, showing a sign of smile, but quickly disappeared. The protective gas inside mech which hadn't been able to be released was regathered. He sighed, leaning back against the soft chair. His eye looked across the fluorescent grass above his head. Then through the mental net of the mech, as far as the eyes could reach, there were thick nebulae all around, like layers after layers of a foggy cocoon, which was extremely hard to observe.

It was just like an invisible backdoor, opening to the most dangerous place.

"Sir," Zhanlu said after a moment of silence, , "the field construction of the transfer point is exactly same as the IU's. It was inferred to have been set up between 100 to 150 years ago, but I'm unable to find any data."

"Your data had been deleted - when he was under house arrest, they were going to check your database." Jingheng Lin kept his gaze, saying gently," I'm not sure if he did this just to be on the safe side. Or he'd already known something's wrong in the IU."

"You mean this transfer point was left by Commodore Xin Lu."

"In the year 136, Xin Lu detoured via the outer space, attacked the Eighth Galaxy from the secret route near planet Sodo as if he had fallen from the skies. After the war, for management convenience, he opened all the secret routes that he used to the public. They were turned into regular IU routes." Jingheng Lin said," The references are indeed detailed, but I highly doubt it. I've been simulating that war for many times, in different ways, and each time there would be some tiny errors. So I have always believed that there must be a secret transfer point nearby."

Zhanlu said: "As far as I know, the report of that war from Commodore Lu does hold up when it was checked and calculated. It has been since regarded as a typical case in the BOC."

"His report was obviously absolute nonsense, just to fool those craps of the IU who know nothing but armchair strategies. The report even said that the mech he piloted that day was you."

The amnesiac Zhanlu asked strangely: "It wasn't me?"

"Of course it wasn't. Why would he take you to such a long-distance sneak attack? With such a power-consuming and dazzling mech, all he needed to do was just show up in outer space, and those interstellar pirates would run away as fast as they could. I assume that he only took your mech core, the mech would definitely not be yours. The extra deviation was just enough for a concealed jump."

Power-consuming and dazzling Zhanlu felt the prejudice from his master. He changed to human shape, standing with grievance.

They floated in that vacuum zone, deep silence was the only thing around, time seemed to have frozen.

In the mech, Jingheng Lin, half lying in the soft-couch chair, remained silent for a long time. Zhanlu almost thought that he fell asleep if his eyes weren't open. There were few chances to stand in sunlight during the long military career in space. Though he had left the Silver Fortress years ago, his face still showed the special paleness only a space military would own. It was said that such a long night life could initiate a human's bad emotion. Eden would check and adjust the hormone and emotional level of space militaries once a week. However, only he insisted on shielding Eden, like a lonely stubborn wolf refusing to fit in human society.