Chapter 6

Authors Note: I can not even explain how long it has been since I last updated this story. Reading back on past chapters I noticed how badly grammar, and some storylines were. I have gone back to update some parts, so if you would like you can go back to refresh yourself before reading this chapter.

Marie:

The truth to what? Louis asked confused by my question.

What has been going on with you and Maria? I said loudly not wanting to play this game he was dishing out.

You will not raise your tone at me like that Marie.

Just answer the question. I said again as I turned around not wanting to look at him. Part of me did not know why I had been reacting this way. I had only known him for a few days, and it was well in his right to take any woman as a mistress. After all I was only assigned to him for the better good.

Yes, it was something in the past. He said.

What about now? Is there something going on?

Footsteps approached me.

You worry too much. He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist

His wood sent surrounded my noise, as a relaxing feeling overcame me. I could not deny the sparks that emerge throughout my body each time we touched.

I wanted more; I was sure that I needed more but, in this moment, I was not able to trust myself. These strong feelings had come from the shadows hitting me like a ton of rocks.

I was here for a duty for my country, that much I was sure of. He was not obligated to love me or even respect me in private.

It is noting to worry about. No one would dare disrespect you about it. Louis spoke calmly.

In that moment I was sure my heart could touch the ground. In moments like these I wanted to run far away but that was not a choice.

You must accept anything that may come your way. All good Queens do. My mother words shot through my head.

I bust out of his grasp, as I pushed myself forward towards the window. The sun was high today as the flowers blossom.

There is no denying that was my first true love. This whole lifestyle was designed to make us grow up faster than normal.

Dont you understand that? I am at least trying with you instead of brushing it off. Just try to see that.

I do. I said lowly. Do not let me be the cause of a bad day.

My feet moved towards the door before my mind could catch up.

Your Grace. Charlotte and the other ladies are waiting for you inside the garden area.

Please lead the way. I said.

The halls were much longer than back home, although I really enjoyed the nature light throughout.

My body hit a hard surface. I hit the floor without warning. Those in the hallways gasped loudly as my ladies rushed to help me up.

Guards emerged from the shallow parts of the hallways as I stood on my feet.

Marie Excuse me Your Grace it was truly an accident. I must be more careful.

I would have expected the apology truthfully until I noticed it was Maria.

Please forgive me. She added. Her smile was wide but her eyes showed a different mission.

Is everything alright? A voice spoke from behind that belonged to Louis. Her eyes lit up with happiness.

One would think she was the married one.

It never happened Maria. I said before walking away as she stayed back to wait for Louis to approach.

This game she was playing was not one I was up for.

Authors Note: I know this was a short chapter, but only because I wanted to see how may people were still interested with this story.