Chapter 2

Announcement: Hello readers! I hope everyone enjoyed chapter one. I must admit this story will mainly go off the facts of the 2006 movie Marie Antoinette. I want this to be a remake of their growing love. I know that they both didn't seem to be interested in love at a young age but I believe they did grow to love each other in ways that others may have not seen. This is a  fanfiction so that means I have created my own way for these two and not how it really happens. Thank You.   

Louis POV: 

I did not fully understand why I had to be married off so soon. I was never the chosen one.

My demureness always seemed to scare away everyone. Grandfather always told me I would be King one day and it would be my duty to show more expression to my people in and outside the court.

I have always been told I looked very handsome, and with other women following me everywhere I would say this statement was true. Louis, this Marie Antoinette... your bride to be. I looked up slowly only for my eyes to lock with hers. At that moment I felt something different. As if I found what I had been missing.

"Hello, how do you do?" she said in a soft tone.

Even her voice was delightful. She was not like any women I had met in France before.

"Louis!" do not be rude, say something back. My grandfather spoke before giving her a soft smile. My apologies, I hope you can forgive me for my rudeness. It is quite alright, she said with a shy smile before looking back down at her dress.

I stepped up to pull her into a hug without warning. As she wrapped her arms around me, I felt a spark throughout my body as I could hear everyone us clapping. I pulled back as my cheeks started to turn red

"This must be the feeling my grandfather told me I would feel one day. Whether it be with my wife or a mistress of my choice as he has chosen one. I could not take my eyes off her as we returned to Versaille as the people waited to greet their future Queen.

She seemed to handle the spotlight with care and showed all the children love. Although most of the women showed Jealousy towards her, she did not let it bother her. As her ladies in waiting stayed close by to tend to her next need, I stayed alone in the shadows as others greeted her.

I decide to go by her side when I saw my grandfather start to bor her with all his war stories. May I have this dance? I asked in a soft voice as I held my hand waiting for her to accept. Her blue eyes lock with mine as she nodded her head before taking my hand. "Dance away my children" tomorrow your faith will be locked with each other until death do you part. My grandfather yelled through the crowd. As we made our way to the dance floor others started to clear a path for us while bowing.

I could feel my heart stop for a moment as I stop to pull our bodies together to match the rhythm of the piano. I could feel eyes among us as I only tried to focus on her. Not knowing what to say as usual I look past her once again. "Your home is beautiful," she said at once now looking up at me.

It is now your home I said with a shy smile. I suppose you are right. She seemed to be sad as she said her last statement. I knew how hard it must have been for her to leave her home as she was only a teenager trying to figure her life out. I could also agree with her if she felt that way.

You look beyond beautiful tonight. I wanted to apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable earlier. I hope you can find a way to forgive me. She stopped for a moment, but only for a moment that I could catch. "For a future King, you are surely always apologizing."

She giggled as I gave a half-smile. I just want to make sure that you are comfortable that is all. Thank You was all she said before looking past me. I pulled her closer to me which made her right arm grip tighter around my neck for support. We found ourselves laughing, as others around her were full of awes."

At that moment I knew she was already changing me. "Excuse me" Your Grace, I am afraid it is time for you to retire to your cambers to prepare for tomorrow. One of her handmaids announced almost sounding guilty for interrupting. Marie nodded her head, before looking up to me waiting to be released of my grip.

I almost had forgotten my hands around her waist. I quickly let go and grabbed her hand. I place a small kiss upon her cheeks. Her face quickly turned red as that was the first contact she has ever made with the opposite sex. Everyone in the ballroom giggled and smiled by her shyness.

As it was more acceptable for a female. She nodded her head before leaving and disappearing through the crowd. Everyone seemed to be happy until my eyes met Maria's whose eyes were full of tears.