Ch. 5: Complicated Feelings

"Why do you act like that to her, she's just trying to get you to her level" Mason asked.

"I don't know, it just that whenever she comes up to me a certain rage just comes over me."

"You need to quit!" He said.

The rest of our walk on the beach was kind of silent. I was getting irritated by the slience. So finally I broke it.

"Why so silent?" I asked

He shrugged like it was nothing. He looked down at me. He was looking me straight in the eye. Then he stopped. I stopped too. He turned to face me. Then he cupped my face in his hands. He slowly leaned down and kissed me. I didn't stop him. He kissed me like I've never been kissed before. It was one of the best. We parted. He looked back down at me and smiled. I smiled too.

For once my cheek actually didn't hurt this time. He lifted me up and carried me to his car. After that kiss I feel like Mason is the boy that I want in my life not Derek. I looked down at my lap and just tried to figure out which one to choose. I couldn't choose. Half of me wanted Derek and the other half of me wanted Mason. I was torn.

This really is a complicated love. I mean take a look at it. I have an abusive boyfriend, A best guy friend that I am starting to fall for. UGH!!! This is just messed up. I slowly started to cry as Mason pulled into my drive way.

Mason put the car in park and I got out of the car. I ran inside. I shut and lock the door behind me. I heard him yelling after me, but I wouldn't dare look at him.

"Angie..... ANGIE..... What did I do? Was it that kiss? I'm sorry! Angie???" I heard him yell after me.

I ran upstairs to my room and shut the door. I Iaid on my bed and cried. I let the tears of pain, hurt, hatred, love, and sadness come out. All the tears that I should of let out long ago came out today. I then heard Mason's voice inside the house and his footsteps coming up the stirs. He reached for the doorknob and turned it. He burst right in.

'Why didnt I lock the door ?' I asked myself. He came down and sat beside me.

"Angie what did I do" He asked.

"L-leave me a-alone." I cried.

He put his arm on me.

"Get o-off, don't touch m-me."

"Angie wh- "

"LEAVE ME ALONE." I snapped.

He got off of me bed and left out of my room. I heard the front door slam shut behind him as he left. My phone vibrated just as Mason's car cranked up and bagged out the driveway.

.