Chapter 6

Take this short chapter 😉

Enjoy...

Emma's  pov

Sitting in my office in my free time is something I  longed for all day.
The hospital has been really busy because accidents are now common. I kept thinking about Derrick, its not even up to two weeks I've seen him and I'm already going crazy. I still remember how his touch made me shiver the other day at the airport.

Bella and Aiden aren't  back from their honeymoon but hopefully, they'd be back this weekend.

"Doctor Emma!" someone yelled, I stood up immediately and rushed out of my office to find a stretcher being rolled inside the hospital.
"Doctor its an accident and the patient needs an emergency surgery". Nurse Freda informed me.
"Take him to the theater I'm on my way" I said running to get my  instruments ready.

The surgery was a huge success thank God. It was just few glasses that pierced and entered his skin a fractured leg and hand.

But, the patient looked awfully familiar. From the patients hair colour to the jaw, I think this face reminds me of someone.

And I didn't want to think of that some one.   

I'm currently sitting in my office with my heart still beating fron the event that occurred a while ago.

I still remember what happened after the surgery... 
"Doctor here is the patient that  needs emergency surgery you asked us to bring in. I don't even know what go into me to tell the nurses to bring the patient to the private ICU.

I went to the room to check up on the strangely familiar patient to find him already awake. Familiar eyes were staring at me which made me uncomfortable. But... It wasn't in a perverted manner you know, it was like he was trying to figure out something while staring at me. The man's eyes was following my every move through out the check up.

I was more than happy to leave this man's intimidating aura after I was sure I was done.

I cleared my throat and looked at the patient eye to eye,"Your vitals is good but your blood pressure is high so please sir to get better on time I want you to stay far away from stress, bed rest is highly recommended for you" I finished softly hoping he caught what I said.
He nodded and I gave him a big smile, happy that I won't have to go through all those information about his health again unlike some other patients.

"I'll leave you to rest now" I said to mr intimidating and I opened the door only to freeze at the person standing in front of me.

Derrick.

What is he doing in this hospital, and that too in this ro.... Oh my goodness that man is his father.
Holy crap
That explains the eyes, hair colour and all familiar features.
"Um so..  Sorry come in "I moved aside to let him enter the room. He nodded and walked in slowly lime he was afraid to what he is going to see.
He hastily walked to his fathers side and held his hands. "Dad" I heard him whisper,  "Don't do that to me again what happened? are you okay Do you need anything? "
He was asking lots of questions and it wasn't really nice to stress a patient that's just out of surgery.
"Uh he's okay now, he just needs lots and lots of bed rest. You can sit on that chair while watching him" I said pointing at a chair at the corner of the bed.
"I'll leave you too alone now" I said faking a smile to cover my still shocked face.

I walked out and was almost near my office when I heard my name. I turned and saw Derrick jogging towards me. I stood stoic and waited for him to say what he came for.
"Yes, you need something?" I asked making sure to keep a safe distance between us
"I just wanted to say thank you for helping my father and keeping him alive I rea...
"Its my duty as a doctor sir no worries " I said cutting his statement short.

He came closer,and closer and closer until he was sanding in front of me
"No" he whispered and he used his hand to caress my face and he used his other hand to take one of my hand and used his tumb to rub my knuckles which caused shivers to run through my body. 
"I owe you one, no I owe you alot. Alot more than you can ever imagine, and please don't call me sir" he whispered.

Still in my shocked state I managed to step back which made his hand which was caressing my face fall down limply to his sides.
"You father needs you" I whispered and walked into the safety of my office and not forgetting to lock the door behind me so he wouldn't enter.

So you now know why.
I have been in the safety of my office until now.

There's a knock on my office door. I sighed "yes" I answered
"Doctor it's  the patient you performed surgery on not long ago, his family is asking for you ma'am"

This only means one thing....

I'm meeting his family and I'd see his face again after our awkward encounter.

Another update for you.
Please don't forget to
Vote
Comment and
Follow

Xoxo