Forming Bonds and then some

Start from the beginning

(The Ursa rears up and prepares to strike... right when a whirling noise is heard, and the monster makes a befuddled noise, falling down a second later to reveal Blake Belladonna with her Gambol Shroud in the beast's back.)

(Yang pants in exhaustion while Blake recalls the weapon back to her hand, sheathing it on her back and smiling to the side (or the audience, if she broke the fourth wall). Yang, now purple-eyed again, speaks to her new partner over the smoking remains of the monster.)

Yang: I could've taken him.

"With what we've seen, I've got no doubt about that," Starlight exclaimed, shocked at Yang's power.

"Still, it was an interesting way to get your partner," Pinkie cheered, wondering if it could happen the same way with her.

(The scene suddenly changes to Weiss Schnee's predicament from the end of "The First Step, Pt.2", deflecting the swipe from a Beowolf with her Myrtenaster and getting pushed back into the middle of the beastly circle. She holds out her sword as she goes through her dueling motions and practices.)

Weiss: (in her head) Remember your training, Weiss. Head up, shoulders back, right foot forward — not that forward! — slow your breathing, wait for the right time to strike, and... (brings her rapier up, the revolver spinning) Now!

"That's so lame," Rainbow groaned loudly.

"What are you saying? She's preparing herself," Rarity pointed out while glaring at her speedster friend.

"But she shouldn't go through a checklist in the middle of a fight. That's just asking for trouble," Fluttershy replied meekly.

(Weiss dashes forward with her loaded weapon at the Beowolf in front of her, just when Ruby suddenly appears between the two in a blur of rose petals and a swipe of her Crescent Rose scythe, landing a hit on the monster.)

Ruby: Gotcha!

(Weiss widens her eyes and screams as she quickly has to stop, swinging the sword in a random direction and creating a line of fire that sets a nearby tree ablaze, followed quickly by the rest of the forest around the clearing.)

"All the poor animals," Fluttershy whimpered.

"I'm sure they'll be fine," Twilight said, trying to cheer her friend up.

(Ruby, distracted by Weiss' mess-up, is barely able to defend when the same Beowolf scratches at her weapon, knocking the younger girl into the heiress.)

Ruby: Hey, watch it!

Weiss: Excuse me! You attacked out of turn! I could have killed you!

Ruby: You'll have to try a lot harder than that...