03

"That's so demeaning, I wouldn't tell anybody else that." Y/n lets out a small laugh, hiding her smile though she knew the other person wouldn't see it from the house's walls. 

"Really? It made my daughter laugh...so much." The other voice sounded out from the thin plaster walls. "She would sit there, on my lap, and ask for me to tell her it over and over again- to the point where she would feel sick from the laughter, then I would tell it to her whenever she was sad, sick, or even when it was just the two of us." 

Y/n could hear the women's voice crack as she talked about it. 

"Did her humor change once she got older?" Y/n asked, pulling her legs to her chest as she leaned on the wall, one ear close to it so she could hear better. The lady sighed, putting her hand on the wall longingly. "She changed once I left, but I miss her so much." 

"Did you want to talk about it?" The h/c girl spoke, her words gentle as walking on chilled ice. "No, I don't think I would want to any time soon. I hold this very close to me, and I plan on going to see her soon and bring her back home. But for now, I guess I'm just holding back and letting her have her fun." The woman looked at the wall in front of her, wishing to feel the warmth from the other side.

"It's been so much amazing talking to you for the past few days. Oh- and look at me just talking about my child. Tell me more about yourself, like, why are you stuck inside? Or maybe your family?" The woman's tone gasped at first, then rung like honey.

"I would love to hear your wisdom for what I'm about to tell you. You seem so open to the world, please do the same for me." Y/n asked, giving a slight respectful bow though she knew the woman could not see it.

"The stars have given me a very hard quest, one that I cannot do myself. I am here waiting it out, til I am deemed to leave and take my place again. I'm afraid I'm very bad at staying still, but I know it's for the good of this world." Her tainted e/c looks down to her wrapped arms that hurt every time she thought about it.

"You just smell so- wonderful." Toga gasped, holding y/n down and sitting on her chest. Toga took the clean cloth before rubbing it up and down the needle that was about to be injected into the h/c haired girl's veins. 

Y/n looked away, feeling a bit of uneasiness. "Please be gentle." She demanded Toga, who just smirked. "Why would I ever hurt you? We are best friends after all! I would never try anything on my best friend!" She spoke, her words laced with frost. 

She plunged it in, making the other girl yelp.

"And did the stars ever hurt you?" The woman asked, taking a sip of her tea. 

Y/n moaned out in displeasure, not being able to form any thoughts besides the word stop. "No more... ugh-- Toga-, stop.." Y/n whined, as her head throbbed. Her words were slurred and broken.

"Yes, and they'll be doing it again..." Y/n trailed off, holding her hands in her lap. "Yes- but try asking them, to have them guide you. You may not be looking for all the right signs, try a prayer- maybe to your guider, the being of where you started."The women spoke, not knowing that Y/n also had her hands in her lap like her.

"Just a little more, you'll be fine silly." 

"Will I really be okay? I feel as if the plague will strike, but I really do wish for this to be fine..." She mumbled, knowing that there would be no way for the women to hear on the other side of the walls, but she did.

"Can we keep talking about this when I come back? I forgot I must go see someone before they pass on, I do hope you understand." She asked, but the women still stood up anyway. She picked up her cup and set it on the table beside her. "Please, Don't worry about me, it seems you are very busy. You are a very nice person- you remind me so much of somebody I lost as well. Go, restore that feeling in somebody else before it's too late." Y/n nodded speaking as she understood, standing up herself.