5. A shoal of attractive men

Start from the beginning

Like appearing out of thin air, Theo Hollander suddenly stood in front of them. He gave Lisa a strained smile, then he gave both of his sons brief nods.

"Are you enjoying yourself Lisa?" he asked as politely as he could muster.

Lisa could see the frustration in his eyes as he gave her a once over.  Somehow she felt a little sorry for him, knowing that he must be feeling like a trapped animal, not knowing if she would sell him out to Mrs Hollander or not. She could easily do that if she wanted.

She wouldn't of course, but he didn't know that. She indeed enjoyed having the upper hand.

"Oh yes sir, I do, " she said, her voice most reassuring. She had no desire to let the men by her side know the tension she could feel radiate from Theo, their father. She felt that she had to calm Theo down, she had to let him know that she had no intention what so ever to expose him.

"Sir, I know it is highly inappropriate to talk about work related issues at such an event as this, but there is a thing I need to know about an account, " she lied, giving him a wink as discretely as possible. 

"Sure, of course Lisa, " Theo said obviously understanding and for a second he visibly relaxed, but then he tensed up all over again.

Lisa turned both ways and gave Danny and Kyle her warmest smile.

"I'll be back in a minute. I just need to talk to your father, it's very important," she told them and excused herself. She snaked her arm under Theo's and led him away to a more remote corner of the room. She stopped when she found it silent and safely enough.

Theo removed her arm from around his with a swift move, the look on his face grim as he turned his head to face her,

"What now, Lisa?" he said impatiently shoving both of his hands down his suit pockets, "Are you going to extort me for money too? You want a raise? What?"

First Lisa was taken aback by his outburst, then she gave him a sincere smile to comfort him, if possible.

"Of course not, Mr Hollander. I just want you to relax and have a good time. After all, it's your party."

He looked incredulous at her, giving out a silent snort of vexation.

"You are making that VERY hard, " he told her with a hiss, "What is your game, really?"

Damn it, Lisa cursed inside. She had not intended for him to be this anxious about the whole thing, but thinking about it for a second she realized that she could not blame him for being just that.

"There is no game. I want no money, and I want no raise even though I am worth it. I just want you to introduce your son William to me, " she said in a low voice to him, making sure that nobody else heard what she had said.

Theo couldn't believe what he was hearing. This woman Lisa really was something, a one of a kind thing.  Jesus Christ!

Astonished, he slowly shook his head as an ironic smirk crept over his handsome face.

"Are you telling me that you want to meet William?" Theo then sputtered out hissing, "So two sons are not enough for you?"

Not saying anything, Lisa just gave him an angelic smile.

Theo shook his head even more.

"You have no idea what you are asking for here, Lady," he told her, "No idea!"

"Well, " Lisa cooed in a seductive tone, once again taking hold of his arm as she started to walk back with him to where his sons stood, "You just let me be the judge of that, Sir. So if you see him, let me know, okay?"