27. Something painful and close to medieval torture.

"Okayyy...." Lisa said with a nasty drawl as they sat by the kitchen table in her apartment the next day. She and Cassie were looking at each other across the table's surface, and every now and then Lisa took a bite from the apple she had in her hand, "Like, how do you want to do it?" She put the apple down with a bang on the table.

Her arms gestured wildly, and what her hands showed Cassie, produced obscure images inside of her head.

She was really serious Cassie could tell.

Lisa's eyes took on a darker, almost vicious shade as she spoke.

"Something painful and close to medieval torture, containing his balls and the pride and joy he's got dangling between his legs. You want him to suffer badly don't you?"

Cassie swallowed hard as she pictured that in her head. She wanted to nod her head back at Lisa, but somehow she couldn't.

"Maybe, but I think you have already done a great job in that department. What are you carrying around in your bag anyway, huh? Bricks?"

Lisa gave her a small devious smile, but the second later it disappeared as she gave Cassie a serious gaze.

"You know what this means don't you?"

Cassie gave her a blank stare. No I don't, she thought and felt a cold shiver down her spine.

What did this mean?

Not knowing what to expect, Cassie imagined numerous of horrendous outcomes from what Lisa had said. She just couldn't help it, she felt so weak, and she really had no idea what was to come from her.

"No, I don't, " she confessed and looked at her with anxiety. To be really honest, she was almost afraid her inside would cave totally on her, because the look Lisa was giving her told her it was something really serious.

Lisa reached over the table and took Cassie's hand in hers.

"You have to terminate it, and you have to do it quick. You don't want yourself a constant reminder of that son of a bitch you call a husband, do you?"

Cassie gasped for air. Terminate it? She blinked a few times as she thought about it.

"You are sure that it is Brad's are you?" Lisa asked and squeezed her hand a little.

Cassie breathed shallow breaths as she nodded back to Lisa.

"I have counted and counted the days like a thousand times already, it has to be his."

Lisa squinted her eyes back at her and released her hand to lean back in the chair.

"HAS to be? Has to be? Girl, you need to be absolutely sure."

"I AM!" Cassie whined, "Okay?"

A small wry smile tugged at the corner of Lisa's lips and she gave Cassie a nod of her head.

"Good," she said with emphasis, "You have to call the maternity care right away . . . like NOW!"

~ ~ ~

Two days later.

Billy held his breath and he clenched his fist around the phone so hard his knuckles turned white while he was listening to the person on the other end of the line. He had never felt this miserable and heartbroken in his entire life as he did right now.