26. Another dashing Hollander son

He took a greedy gulp from the glass and grimaced as the whiskey flowed down his throat. Was it his fourth, or was it his fifth glass?

He could not remember.

Leaning back in the chair, Billy hid his face in his palms. A tortured groan escaped his lips as he rubbed his forehead with his bruised fingers.

No matter how much they ached and throbbed, they were no comparison to the pain he felt in his heart right now.

Slowly he lowered his hands to his knees and he took a long hard look on the bed in front of him, the memories from this morning still very fresh in his mind.

This morning Cassandra had been that wonderfully brazen again and he had felt like the luckiest man on the planet as she had taken charge.

He rolled his eyes when recalling.

As usual he had not been able to let her lead for too long. His own needs and the slumbering beast he had inside, had woken up quite brutally, making the encounter between them his own personal triumph as he had made love to her like mad, giving her multiple orgasms and making her scream and moan his name over and over.

This morning he had felt PRETTY good.

Now . . . he did not so much.

His fingers traced his left cheek where he still could feel the sting from the fierce slap he had received from her before she had left. A pained sigh left his lips.

He had really deserved that. He still could not believe how rude and disrespectful he had been to her.

But damn it, he was hurting like hell. What she had come to tell him, the words of doom that had dropped from her lips, had felt like a knife going straight through his heart.

First he had not understood one damn bit of it.

Or maybe he just did not want to understand.

What the hell had she meant with: "I will be leaving. I am going home . . . to Brad!"

Why the hell go back home to that douchebag?

He had been more than confused.

Then when she had told him that she was pregnant he had felt a rush of joy.

But that hadn't lasted very long . . . as she had told him it was with Brad's child, Billy had blown a fuse in his brain. Everything inside of him had exploded.

BRAD's child? What the he . . . .?

At that point he had utter chaos in his head and jealousy had reared its ugly head, giving him the unflattering verbal ability of a stupid, worthless idiot.

So in a fit of the state of mind that he was in, he had barked out to her, the words he now regretted so badly:

"Aha, figures you couldn't keep your panties on for too long, huh?"

The second after that he had felt the hard slap ringing in his ear, only to see Cassie turn on her heels in fuming anger and leave.

Oh god! As he had watched her back when she left and jumped in the taxi, the meaning of what he had done and said, finally hit him in the head like a ton of bricks.

Like he had been frozen to the spot with a brain freeze, she was already gone when he eventually found his senses and was able to move.

Needless to say that his club comrades had raised their brows and looked peculiar at him as he had raced the premises down to the gate with a roar of despair, seeing the taillights of the taxi disappear at the intersection down the street.