sixteen.

WOOYOUNG'S POV.

the boys cleared out of the kitchen, leaving now sober ahn and wooyoung in a crushing silence. they sat side by side on the counter. he handed her a water bottle without saying anything. she thanked him softly, accepting it.

"sorry." he said. she looked up at him, startled at him breaking the silence.

"for what?"

"for yesterday. and for the past few months." he took a deep breath. "i'm sorry that i was too scared to properly ask you out, and taking out my frustration on you. i've had a crush on you since like middle school and i didn't think we would be friends like this. and then there was that you were san's sister and san would've killed me. oh my god he's going to kill me. i'm just so scared of losing either of you two-"

"it's ok." ahn cut him off.

"what?"

"it's okay. really. and i'm sorry, too. wooyoung i've known you since we were 10. we weren't friends, but you've had sleep overs here, you've shown up unannounced in the pouring rain, you've had dinners with our family. you used to be just my brothers friend, so you were nice to me. i didn't realize that had turned into affection until now. and i'm sorry for not noticing sooner. i know it must've been so annoying to be with me everyday and have me be so oblivious. i shouldn't have called you out in the car yesterday either."

"that's not fair." wooyoung pouted.

"huh?"

"i mean you don't even have to apologize you didn't do anything wrong. i'm the one who started liking you when you still like yunho. i was just torturing myself and taking it out on you and everyone else. some part of me just wanted to wait though, even if you liked someone else."

"but i don't like someone else now." ahn said softly. wooyoung looked at her.

"what are you trying to say?" he asked playfully.

"what i'm trying to say is," she leaned in to him. "why are you still waiting?" she breathed, before closing the space between them. wooyoung froze in shock as their lips locked. she pulled away leaving him staring back at her. she waved a hand in front of his blank face. he slowly reached up and grabbed ahold of her hand. intertwining them, he let them fall into his lap, and this time he leaned towards ahn. his eyes closed naturally as their lips met, feeling ahn squeeze his hand.

—

wooyoung is: done for