*The End of the World - 1*

Comenzar desde el principio

The TARDIS jolts sharply as the Doctor bounces around the console, piloting them off. Noemi squeals happily, clutching onto to her safety straps. Gabriella laughs, holding onto the console to stay upright, "is it always like this?" she calls over the noise.

"Oh, yeah!" the Doctor laughs, rushing past her to pull a lever, landing them.

"Get me out, mamma!" Noemi demands, pulling on her straps.

"Oi, what do you say?" Gabriella raises an eyebrow, walking over to the jump-seat.

"... please?" Noemi mutters with her head down.

"Bene," Gabriella smiles, tapping Noemi under the chin before undoing the straps. "Where are we?" she looks back at the Doctor and he just nods to the door with a smirk. "What's out there?" she smiles, getting the same thing in reply.

Gabriella slips off her jacket, folding it over the railing before doing the same with Noemi's. Noemi beams, grabbing her mother's hand and dragging her to the door excitedly. The two step out and look around the room they were in curiously. The room looks like it was made of wooden tile and there were steps with bleacher-like seats on either side. On the far wall was a rectangular indention that opens up to a huge viewing window. Gabriella and Noemi hurry down the steps while the Doctor comes out, using his sonic on a panel by the doors to the room. The shutter comes down to reveal a view of the Earth down below. The Doctor watches with a soft smile as the girls walk up to the window in awe.

"Mamma, it's the world!" Noemi gasps, pressing her little face up against the window.

"You lot," the Doctor smiles, heading down to stand between the girls with his hands in his pockets. "You spend all your time thinking about dying, like you're going to get killed by eggs or beef or global warming or asteroids-"

"Beef wants to hurt me?" Noemi stares up at him with wide eyes. "But I love beef!" she pouts.

"It's a figure of speech, little love," the Doctor smiles down at her, Gabriella smiling at the affectionate name he'd used for her daughter. "But you never take time to imagine the impossible, that maybe you survive," he continues, sending his soulmate a wink. "This is the year 5.5/apple/26; five billion years in your future, and this is the day," he looks down at his watch. "Hold on..." he trails off and the sun flares, turning a bright reddish-orange. "This is the day the sun expands," he smirks at the looks of complete wonder on the girls' faces. "Welcome to the end of the world," he murmurs softly.

"... you brought me and my daughter to the end of the world," Gabriella breathes out. "I mean, not what I thought for a first... trip, but not bad," she smiles, faltering on the word trip. I almost called it a date, she thinks to herself as her cheeks turn a light pink and her heart picks up a bit at the thought.

"Can we go explore, Doctor?" Noemi looks up at him with her 'power puppy-eyes'.

"Course we can!" the Doctor grins, picking her up and setting her on his hip, ticking her side.

"Ah, stop! Stop!" Noemi squeals, trying to squirm out of his hold.

The Doctor laughs, carrying the girl out of the room with Gabriella following. Maybe this will turn out good for all three of us, she thinks to herself, smiling softly.

***

PA - Shuttles five and six now docking! Guests are reminded that Platform One forbids the use of weapons, teleportation, and religion! Earth Death is scheduled for 15:39, followed by drinks in the Manchester Suite!